Ultimate Unwrap is at version 3.0

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Ultimate Unwrap is at version 3.0

puki(Posted 2007) [#1]
http://www.unwrap3d.com/

Version 3.0 Beta released September 4, 2007

Ultimate Unwrap 3D v3.0 Beta is now available to registered users!

Here is an overview of v3.0 Beta features:

* Shared UVs. Create and organize UV islands.
* New edge selection mode. Select edges in the UV Editor and 3D views.
* Highlighted shared UV points and UV edges.
* Highlighted boundary edges on the 3D model.
* Highlighted seams in the UV Editor.
* UV Locking. UVs can be locked for tools such as LSCM UVs.
* UV Marking. UV edges can be marked for easy cutting.
* Interactive seam picking mode. For marking seams in the 3D views.
* 3D Gizmo selection axis. For easier moving, rotating, and scaling in the 3D views.
* Export textured UV map. Makes use of both UVsets.
* Import/export lights. More compatibility between file formats.
* Light Editor. For editing the properties of lights.

Moraldi(Posted 2007) [#2]
What you mean available to registered users?
I need to pay again in order to get full functionality (export). Or am I wrong?

puki(Posted 2007) [#3]
You don't pay again - you use the same licence number.

MadJack(Posted 2007) [#4]
I feel guilty - all that functionality and I just use it for model conversion ;-)

Bob3d(Posted 2007) [#5]
it's really good for uv mapping , too. I uv map all with it since years...Since Lithunwrap times, indeed.For b3d conversion is very good, too.

Moraldi(Posted 2007) [#6]
As far as I know it is available for registered users but only for test purposes that means save functionality is disabled. Registered user have to pay for this upgrade but until now the update price its not defined yet

MikeHart(Posted 2007) [#7]
>>I need to pay again in order to get full functionality (export). Or am I wrong?

Who said that it has free upgrades for a lifetime? Use your 2.x version if you don't like to pay for an enhanced version.

Moraldi(Posted 2007) [#8]
puki said that...

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#9]
Who said that it has free upgrades for a lifetime? Use your 2.x version if you don't like to pay for an enhanced version.

Equally, who said they didn't want to pay? He just asked the question.

tobyx(Posted 2007) [#10]
If I export a 3ds from Wings3d, can I smooth it in unwrap before saving it to b3d?

Ross C(Posted 2007) [#11]
It has a meshsmooth option, and a normal smooth option.

Dock(Posted 2007) [#12]
I own UU3d 2.0 used to use this until they introduced a license key that locked it to a certain PC. I would use it during lunch-time to work on my Blitz 3D models, but this meant I couldn't use it at home.

In the end, and partially thanks to B3D pipeline, I stopped using it.

Fairly recently I requested a new license key for UU3D 2.0 (when I started doing some B3D stuff again and wanted to use it as a viewer) but my email was ignored. I can no longer can use the software I paid for, which sucks.

jhocking(Posted 2007) [#13]
Yeah I still have version 2.04 because that's the last version before it locked to a specific computer. However recently I've been thinking of upgrading to the latest version for it's Maya exporter. I can just keep the old version to use on other machines and have the latest version on my main computer. Although come to think of it I can download the plugin without upgrading, so the question is just if the file exported works with the older version of Ultimate Unwrap. hmmm, I should test this...