Pacemaker - batch options - nice improvement?

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Pacemaker - batch options - nice improvement?

puki(Posted 2007) [#1]
I'm just trialling "Ricky Smith's" Pacemaker tool:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/toolbox/toolbox.php?tool=111

I think it is really great.

The handy thing I have found is the 'Save Sequence' option.

I then thought 'Wouldn't it be great if you could batch process a directory full of animation files?'.

I have about several thousand Dark Messiah animations that are gaining from Pacemaker's ability to strip the geometry from them. However, I am having to do them one-by-one.

I'd love to batch process a directory - with the option to name them all with the extension '*original name*_seq.b3d' - ie normally, it just saves them as .seq for you to manually rename to .b3d (one by one).

ANYONE ELSE THINK BATCH PROCESSING WOULD BE GREAT?

IN FACT, WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT FOR THINGS LIKE ULTIMATE UNWRAP AND MILKSHAPE ETC WHERE YOU PURELY WANT TO CHANGE THE FORMAT OF A FILE - IE TURN A LOAD OF COMMERCIAL GAME MEDIA FILES TO .B3D?

Ricky Smith(Posted 2007) [#2]
It would be a fairly simple addition ,however, I doubt there would be enough demand for such a feature.
I may do a "pukified" version just for you ;)
To all other PaceMaker users I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for not having released the latest update yet. I have been having some health "issues" that are now thankfully resolved so I can at last get back to doing some coding.

QuickSilva(Posted 2007) [#3]
Personally I would love the feature too. Glad to hear you are on the mend, hope it was nothing too serious.

Jason.

Terry B.(Posted 2007) [#4]
Id use this feature alot too. Send me a pukified version ;)

puki(Posted 2007) [#5]
I'll have to buy it first - I'll do that on Monday - might buy it tomorrow.

Happy Sammy(Posted 2007) [#6]
Hi Ricky Smith,

Have you recovered yet? I hope you are fine.
Any news of features in next version of pacemaker?
(It seems that no one post on the forum since May)

:)