Character Shop question

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Character Shop question

Quantum(Posted 2007) [#1]
In the demo of Character Shop, there is a sample character saved in .b3d format with 3 animations... does anyone know if the current version still lets you export characters in .b3d format?... it's not mentioned anywhere on TGC's site?

Thanks

nrasool(Posted 2007) [#2]
Hi there, Looking at the help file, as I downloaded the demo as well, it looks like it will export an .x file, as well as .3ds, so don't think it has .b3d support. However you could convert the .x/.3ds file over to .b3d

Quantum(Posted 2007) [#3]
Thanks nrasool... yeah, it's not really a problem I know... but it would have been nice if it still supported b3d though... oh well :-S

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#4]
Make sure you are able to convert .X to .B3D as you will not be able to convert from .3DS to .B3D. I can't imagine why it would support 3DS at all, since the format cannot support skeletal animation in any form.

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#5]
simply email Josh and ask him.

IPete2.

Quantum(Posted 2007) [#6]
I got a reply from TCG & they said they didn't `think` it now supported b3d??... think???... don't they KNOW??... odd!

But thanks... I'll look for Josh's email addy & ask him... I can't understand why they'd remove bones/skeletal animation?... I don't know much about animation... but from what I've been told .X & .3DS don't support bones?

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#7]
.X Supports bone, but Blitz3D can't load .X files with bones. .3DS just flat doesn't support bones.

Quantum(Posted 2007) [#8]
Thanks for explaining that Gabriel!

I just got a reply from Josh (that was quick!), he says that if a rigged character is saved as an X from within CharacterShop... It can then be converted to a .B3D using `Ultimate Unwrap`... and apparently that works perfect :)

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#9]
Good one,

IPete2.