Modellers LOD

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Modellers LOD

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#1]
I'm presently looking for a character modeller for the game Lights Of Dreams... I will need that modeller to make the animals, ennemies( Monsters Boss) and NPCs

As a modeller u will receive ur own copy of LOD for free and all other games of Xilvan Design...

www.XilvanDesign.com

Matty(Posted 2007) [#2]
Given you are selling LOD for $10 (in your sig) is that what you think a modeller's time is worth for all that work?

jhocking(Posted 2007) [#3]
I would assume he's hoping to sell more than one copy, thus $10 isn't his total expected revenue.

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#4]
I would assume he's hoping to sell more than one copy, thus $10 isn't his total expected revenue.

How much he's hoping to earn wasn't the question. The artist's pay is a free copy of the game, worth ( assuming the artist even wanted it ) $10.

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#5]
Its my signature... The game value is 70$... assuming the entertaining value, the 100 hour quest ahead... but I've lowered to 10$ for making more competition with hardcore games... but no one buy it :(

Mustang(Posted 2007) [#6]

The game value is 70$

No offense, do you really think that you can charge MORE than what Triple-A games cost? Even console games cost less! And since you're selling it now for $10 and still no one buys it it can't be better than best selling Triple-As, right?

I understand that it might be good for starting indy game although it doesn't look enough interesting to me - but I've never been into quest games anyway.

But the fact remains that even if someone would want the game(s) you're paying peanuts. $70 would get you 2 hours of my modeling time if we go by any professional artist charge rates... and good characer take about week minimum if we're talking about design, low-res (<5K tris) mesh, UVs and some sort of diffuse & specular maps.

jhocking(Posted 2007) [#7]
The artist's pay is a free copy of the game

I missed that part. Well then yeah, nobody's going to just do all the art for a game for free, especially if you will be profiting from their work.

Xilvan(Posted 2007) [#8]
When the game will be published more money will be distributed...

North(Posted 2007) [#9]
Well i'm in the mood to do some modeling but my time is scarce.
How about you just pitch me some creature-concepts and i'll work on them as i get time?
I just want to make sure you won't depend on my constant input.

And if we work together we need to test the art pipeline - i hate going through xx programs and fixing things over and over if you get my point... ^^

regards