Odd export results using B3d Pipeline

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Odd export results using B3d Pipeline

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hiya,

Anyone know why a mesh which was exported from 3DS Max version 8 (using B3D Pipeline as the exporter) when loaded into B3d reverses the way the exported mesh faces?
Funny thing is in Max it is facing forwards, import the b3d mesh into UU3D and it shows up forwards, load it into B3D its backwards facing!!!

This is a very strange thing to happen, I can't get two of the same entities facing each other using entitypoint, they stand back to back instead! Lol.

Any ideas?

IPete2.

PS I can get around it by using the characters parented to pivots, but I wanted to know the cause.

fredborg(Posted 2007) [#2]
Negative scale in 3dsmax is my guess. Try applying a Reset XForm and then export again.

If it is already skinned you need to save out the envelopes from the skin modifier. Delete the skin modifier. Reset XForm. Apply new skin modifier, and load the envelopes again. Save/Load envelopes is located in the Advanced Parameters rollout of the skin modifier.

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#3]
Thanks Fredborg,

I shall suggest that to the anmator when I see him next week.

The main character is already skinned and we have currently 4 anmations exported, but it is best to get this right now than struggle later.

I shall report back on any progress.

IPete2.