Animation exporting from blender

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Animation exporting from blender

Chaosspear(Posted 2007) [#1]
In Blender the X files are supposed to be able to export animation ,but when I try to get the animation from blitz It doesn't do anything. does anyone know why or how to fix it?

ardee(Posted 2007) [#2]
Blender's exporter is for DX8 while Blitz is obviously DX7. You need a third party programme to convert from .x to .b3d. I use Fragmotion.

Chaosspear(Posted 2007) [#3]
I'm only 13 so I have like no money Is there something that works for free?

Matty(Posted 2007) [#4]
I can't think of any easy to use programs that are free for such a purpose but Milkshape3D is at the cheap end of the scale ($25 US I think, or at least it was a few years ago) and can make animated b3d/md2 models (and a host of others).

Chaosspear(Posted 2007) [#5]
okay I'll try to get the money thanks.

ardee(Posted 2007) [#6]
The Fragmotion trial is fully functioning so you can download and get to know it and polish your graphics pipeline before committing to spending $20.

I'm working on tutorials on how to export mesh and animation from Blender to .b3d using Fragmotion.

Chaosspear(Posted 2007) [#7]
I just saw someone say that they use Blender for animation how?

ardee(Posted 2007) [#8]
Like I said, I am writing some tutorials on exporting from Blender to .b3d. They wont teach you how to animate as there are plenty of tutorials on the web for that already but they will focus on how to export an animated mesh .x with armatures and UV textures and convert to .b3d.

I will announce them on these forums when I start to publish them. In the meantime, learn Blender (it is fantastic).

Mattizzle(Posted 2007) [#9]
Awesome, Ardee! There's alot of people waiting for a tut for this. Especially me.