Audacity Question

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Audacity Question

QuickSilva(Posted 2007) [#1]
To anyone who has used Audacity,

Say I have grabbed a sample from another source that contains the actual sound I want but also various other noises too that I want to remove. What is the best way to go about this quickly and easily? The sounds are all fairly seperate in the sample but I want the end result to be as clean as possible. Is there some sort of automatic way to locate the start and end points of distinct noises in a sample?

Many thanks,
Jason.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#2]
I have no suggestion for Audacity, but if you go a copy of MAGIX, be it an explicit audio cleaner, or one of their products with embeded noice reduction etc, then you should use it, it's pretty goood. Example: from time to time they release a "silver" version of their movie editing app "MAGIX VIDEO DELUXE" (may be named MAGIX VIDEO EDITOR in the uk) with a limited number of parallel tracks (only 4) on several cover disks, maybe there's even something online. It has noise and click reduction, as well as the abiltiy to create noise fingerprint sounds that are used to remove cerain noises from the record, eg: the noise of a video cameras motors etc.

QuickSilva(Posted 2007) [#3]
Thanks for the help :)

Jason.

D4NM4N(Posted 2007) [#4]
Ive used the linux version a bit, i tried the noise reduction and generate silence between the words, this cleans it up the white noise fair bit.