3D World Studio

Community Forums/Developer Stations/3D World Studio

Jouni(Posted 2007) [#1]
Is 3D World Studio good and useful product to Blitz3d user?

http://www.leadwerks.com/index.php?page=3dworldstudio_overview.htm&subbar=bar_3dworldstudio.htm

Pete Carter(Posted 2007) [#2]
Yes its very good for blitz all of its features can be exported to blitz. although some of the textures you get with it wont work, because blitz cant read the file format. but if you make/buy your own textures its one of the best tools out there. Whatever you do though dont spell anything wrong on there forum, leadwerks were quite rude to me about my spelling and grammar. which is a bit off

Warren(Posted 2007) [#3]
User surly? :)

The program itself is good though. It could use some refinements to the workflow in certain features (which Josh tells me will all be ironed out in a future version) but overall it's a good program for getting lightmapped levels built and into your Blitz3D game in a pretty painless manner.

I mean, once you've got the level built a simple "LoadMesh" comand pulls it into your Blitz game.

Fuller(Posted 2007) [#4]
Its much better than what I was using before and with the Advanced Loading Thing in the code archives its the greatest

IKG(Posted 2007) [#5]
Well it's full of bugs and exports messily (broken meshes). Most annoying bug is the undo bug that'll randomly mess something up, so you'll have to save after every move you make.

It has such great potential but the bugs were what drove me away from it.

Mattizzle(Posted 2007) [#6]
I havent noticed those those bugs at all. Version 5.52 I've used it for about 6 months now.

To Jouni: 3DWS Is very helpful in making indoor levels. I use the CSP to build the walls, floors, and ceilings, and then import and place meshes for objects. Also, it is good to use for basic structures like the outside of a house: www.thewyldturkees.com/game/StickHouse.bmp

Amon(Posted 2007) [#7]
Well it's full of bugs and exports messily (broken meshes). Most annoying bug is the undo bug that'll randomly mess something up, so you'll have to save after every move you make.

It has such great potential but the bugs were what drove me away from it.

Never encountered any bugs like that while using 3DWS 5.52. I didn't get any bugs like that with most of the previous versions so that statemant is a little wrong.

3DWS is a good CSG modeller. Best out there for the price.

Mattizzle(Posted 2007) [#8]
I agree.

Ross C(Posted 2007) [#9]
Can you import .b3d's yet?

JoshK(Posted 2007) [#10]
No, but you can convert from .b3d to an internal format with the supplied converter.

Ross C(Posted 2007) [#11]
Ah, nice one. Thanks!

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#12]
I have to agree with Amon, bugs? Any which have been reported have been fixed as Josh has been made aware.

3DWS is a fantastic level design tool, intuitive and very fast in its use - you should also become part of the community to get the best from it, as lots of good ideas and knowledge hang about in those forums on the leadwerks site.

IPete2.