lightwave & vertex paint

Community Forums/Developer Stations/lightwave & vertex paint

scribbla(Posted 2006) [#1]
any of the wavers ever use vertext paint in LW,
if so have you ever been able to load a custom 64 color palette it seems to save them but wont reload, i just get "error cant load color table"

i have posted on newtek, but no one seems to bother

or anyone got time to try and save & reload a palette ;)

Mustang(Posted 2006) [#2]
Umm... I have used Vertex Paint only for weight maps so far...

[edit]

OK, tested it and it bombs indeed, can't load the "pallette" file I just saved. This is just one of the reasons I (we) got fed up with LW and switched over to XSI. LW seems to be a collection of (mad-japanese) made plug-ins that don't work properly internally and are not compatible with other (mad-japanese) plug-ins at all. LW is so full of Glue-and-Gum it makes me sick. I don't have LW9 experience because I bailed out after 8 but I doubt things have been improved much.

scribbla(Posted 2006) [#3]
thanks mustang
at least i know its know not me, only work around i can think of is to copy the cfg file, theres a new 30 day unlimited trial for lw 9 available, think i will try before i buy

LW has a few hickups here n there but all in all LW is still pretty cool

edit#
just found it will load a microsoft .pal created in paintshop but will not load its own saved palettes

Mustang(Posted 2006) [#4]
Hi, you gave me an idea and I tested it - LW seems to load palettes created inside Vertex Paint, but you have to use .PAL extension in the filename! Goddamn soft doesn't write that automatically and it refuses to load file(names) without .pal extension... duh. Can you test this too?

scribbla(Posted 2006) [#5]
holy cow batman your right

works here , ummm why didnt i think of that

must update brain cells more often

Mustang(Posted 2006) [#6]
:)

scribbla(Posted 2006) [#7]
thanks for testing and solving

Doggie(Posted 2006) [#8]
mad-japanese
;)

Kamikaze 3D