B3D Pipeline for MAX v9

Community Forums/Developer Stations/B3D Pipeline for MAX v9

@rtur(Posted 2006) [#1]
Alex, can you recompile B3D Pipeline script for new, 9-th version of 3D Max, please?

Beaker(Posted 2006) [#2]
Does it need re-compiling?

@rtur(Posted 2006) [#3]
Yea, patch for MAX 6 doesnt work with 9th MAX :(

Beaker(Posted 2006) [#4]
Might need to e-mail him direct, cos the pipeline isn't really developed anymore.

@rtur(Posted 2006) [#5]
I've already emailed him.

Alienforce(Posted 2006) [#6]
any news ?

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#7]
Apologies for going slightly off-topic, but can you guys who ( I guess ) have upgraded to 9 tell me what there is in 9 that I should care about? I haven't upgraded since 7 and I've been offered a good upgrade price ( probably because they're annoyed that I haven't upgraded ) but I can't see anything game-wise worth upgrading for in 8 or 9. Of course with Max being such a huge tool, it's entirely possible that the things I would find useful for games are not among the headline features they use to sell it.

ashmantle(Posted 2006) [#8]
Mostly bug-fixes as far as I can see.

AdrianT(Posted 2006) [#9]
The SDK was frozen entirely since V6 till now, the new SDK and has largely been rewritten and includes a 64bit version.

It has a lot of speed optimizations, especialy with really high poly scenes since previous versions it refreshed the entire scene when you modified it, now it just refreshes the vertices you are moving.

As far as I can see its mostly speed optimizations, but it does mean that it is MUCH faster in viewports than it used to be with large scenes.

@rtur(Posted 2007) [#10]
Alex, is it possible to buy sources of pipeline?

Robert Cummings(Posted 2007) [#11]
I can't afford max 9.

boomboom(Posted 2007) [#12]
Its about time someone made a decvent pipeline for XSI: Foundation

Yeshu777(Posted 2007) [#13]
Anyone got any further with pipeline for Max 9? (32 bit)

Pudding(Posted 2007) [#14]
In case you missed it:

B3d Pipeline v0.8

-Pudding

Filax(Posted 2007) [#15]
Many thanks for this patch :)