Quill3D Patch

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Quill3D Patch

Bain(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi, anyone know where I can get the patch for Quill3d my Backup disk had a meltdown and I lost all my patches. I have tryed to Email Seth@idicon but have had no replie

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#2]
Well firstly, you won't get much luck with idicon because the company is called Idigicon. Secondly, you might not get much luck with Seth because I believe someone from Idigicon posted here a while ago to say that Seth no longer works for Idigicon. Try here :

http://www.idigicon.com/?q=technicalform

Or more generally, here :

http://www.idigicon.com/?q=contactus

Bain(Posted 2006) [#3]
Thanks Gabriel, sent them off a mail hopefully they will get back in touch, I need that no cd patch its a pain without it.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2006) [#4]
Well I have it!
I don't think theres anything wrong with giving it to you, but I don't know.
Any1 can I give it to him?

Bain(Posted 2006) [#5]
Thanks for the offer Tri, I got a mail back from Idigicon saying that they would post me the patch, still waiting for it tho.

Dicon(Posted 2008) [#6]
I just phoned them Idigicon at their no. and ordered it. They are sending me a new Quill 3D and..... if it doesn't work on either Vista or MX then I can return it. Will let you know.
They didn't know it was NOT listed on there web pages. Tch... tch... loss of business opertunity there.
Dicon

boomboom(Posted 2008) [#7]
God, have you tried it? Its really quite bad, and unsupported now.

puki(Posted 2008) [#8]
I'd like the instructions to it. I've asked many times if someone could upload them - never had any joy - nobody would let me see them.

"George Bray" gave me a free copy years ago - which had no instructions, even though it was shrinkwrap packaged.

I've never really used it as I had no instructions.

Sniff.

Dicon(Posted 2008) [#9]
I sem to remember I did some quite decent stuff with it when I got it... Oh ... yonks ago. Of course I went overboard with complexity then. It ran like cold tracle. BUT, it looked damned good, and the ability to cast shadows with variable lighting was for me, a knock out.
Now with experience, I want to retry the package and make it really "jump through the hoops". I find Blender, a good, though complex bit of kit, with the learning curve of a cliff face.
YMMV on this.
Snortiblog

Aoneweb(Posted 2008) [#10]
I have the set of Tutorials that appeared on the Quill forum, as far as the manual is concerned, I have two copies, as I bought two copies of Quill for a project.
I wonder if Idigicon have a PDF of them, or if they would object if one was made.

John Blackledge(Posted 2008) [#11]
Tri|Ga|De - of course you may give it to him.

I'd also like it if you could send it. I've never had a response from Idigicon (on anything).

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2008) [#12]
John!

Look in you mail.

I allso got all the tutorials in one PDF file.
Get it here.

puki(Posted 2008) [#13]
Great - downloading that PDF now.

I just noticed that "Birdie" wrote Quill - it's copyrighted to him on the back of the box - it was published under licence by Idigicon.

Mmm, we need to convince "Birdie" to do a Quill 2.

Aoneweb(Posted 2008) [#14]
<quote>Mmm, we need to convince "Birdie" to do a Quill 2. </quote>
That would be nice.

Mystik(Posted 2008) [#15]
Here is a link to the patch:-

http://downloads.idigicon.com/patches/Quill3D(1.52update).exe

Steve.

puki(Posted 2008) [#16]
I didn't even know there was a patch - I wondered what "Bain" was bleating about.

John Blackledge(Posted 2008) [#17]
Jens, got it - thamks.

Puki, you're the man. I've tried to find Birdie, but can't. I know you have special powers...

*(Posted 2008) [#18]

I just noticed that "Birdie" wrote Quill - it's copyrighted to him on the back of the box - it was published under licence by Idigicon.

Mmm, we need to convince "Birdie" to do a Quill 2.

IIRC I think Idigicon own Quill3d, Birdie sold the rights to them. Would be nice to have a new Quill3d :)

puki(Posted 2008) [#19]
I'd still like a manual for it.

Aoneweb(Posted 2008) [#20]
I looked in the Manuel, and it says you are not allowed to reproduce it in any format.

puki(Posted 2008) [#21]
Is it a printed one or a digital one?

LuckyPhil(Posted 2008) [#22]
It's a printed one (I have one right here).

puki(Posted 2008) [#23]
Oh well, at least my Quill3D was free - albeit useless without a manual.

Aoneweb(Posted 2008) [#24]
OK, it says you cant copy, but it does not say you cant make your own.
Watch this space.

Looking through the Manuel, I see no major advantage over the Tutorials, other that the control layout.

Maybe the shortcuts like pressing F over one of the sections of the Map builder will give you full screen.
Holding down the right shift and moving your mouse will rotate the camera.

So maybe the thing to do is, go through the Manuel, and highlight the controls/shortcuts for all the different sections.
Would that help?

Dicon(Posted 2008) [#25]
I down loaded the patch but still it says "Error installing Driver" I did contact Idigicon and I was told support would get back to me "right away"after I e-mailed them.
I will keep trying for a few days.
I have this sneaking feeling that not much may happen.

Dicon

puki(Posted 2008) [#26]
My main problem is I don't know the controls.

PS. what is the hold-up with the Blitz3D collision? Hand it over.

Dicon(Posted 2008) [#27]
( quote )
Well firstly, you won't get much luck with idicon because the company is called Idigicon. Secondly, you might not get much luck with Seth because I believe someone from Idigicon posted here a while ago to say that Seth no longer works for Idigicon. Try here :

http://www.idigicon.com/?q=technicalform

Or more generally, here :

http://www.idigicon.com/?q=contactus
( End of Quote )

If you like a circular tour, go ahead. You will get nowhere.

Dicon

Aoneweb(Posted 2008) [#28]
V4 news here: http://www.nuclearglory.com/php-bin/forums/view_topic.php?id=1328&forum_id=2&jump_to=17773#p17773

NGC will be upgraded.

Aoneweb(Posted 2008) [#29]
I have been sent an email by Idigicon, with the link to the Quill update patch, they said we can post the link.

puki(Posted 2008) [#30]
Mmm, I wonder if Idigicon will hand over the manual on a pdf?

Mystik(Posted 2008) [#31]
Puki, I emailed you about the manual. Is your AOL address in your profile still valid?

Steve.

Chroma(Posted 2008) [#32]
Beaker = Birdie btw.

puki(Posted 2008) [#33]
"Beaker" is not "Birdie"

ps, my email is the one in my profile.

Aoneweb(Posted 2008) [#34]
Idigicon told me they were looking into an electronic version of the manual, I will let you know if they let me know any more info.

puki(Posted 2008) [#35]
What?

They are looking into an electronic version?

How many years do they want?

Tell them I am dying of old age - can they possibly release it before I die?

Aoneweb(Posted 2008) [#36]
Here is a copy of the email from Idigicon.

Hi John,

Thank you for your email regarding Quill. I have posted a link to the update on the bb.com forums. Please feel free to pass that link on if you wish.

I'm looking at making a new developers pack featuring Quill and all of the other tools, libraries and model packs that used to be on CodersWorkshop. I'm also looking at adding some source code for a few of the older blitz projects. Nothing in concrete yet though.

I'm currently testing Quill on Vista though (when there is time that is).

We still have a few manuals left over from the original run. I may give those out with the orders while stocks last. Next time I am up at Idigicon I will look for the digital version of the manual.

All the best

Steve.

puki(Posted 2008) [#37]
Tell him I will be dead on Friday, 25th January 2008.

ShadowTurtle(Posted 2008) [#38]
puki: you forgot the weekend

Ginger Tea(Posted 2008) [#39]
Next time I am up at Idigicon I will look for the digital version of the manual.

is not the same as looking into a digital version of the manual (ie is it viable to do so etc)
its "i dont have the doc file on me its at the office" and by the sounds of it not a much visited one

i have quill i never got much chance to play with it before i moved cos i was working stupid hours saving up as much as possible
then it got put into storage till some time last year when i "found" it along with my blitz3d box (although i had the CD with me just no pc)

then after i got this pc i installed it to see if it liked XP as i was on 98 when i first got it

it never worked did pop up an error for like 1.5 seconds so i never knew why
i put it down to "i dont like XP sorry" and with the idigicon/blitz idigicon/idigicon staff departures and other stuff that happened in the inbetween years of me leaving the manchester area and now i thought perhaps quill was dead support wise and never bothered to post about it till now

*(Posted 2008) [#40]
I think they should commision Quill3d ][

Aoneweb(Posted 2008) [#41]
I do not know if the update download that the link points to is the no CD update, but if it is, then there is a couple of files to be deleted in the Quill folder for it to work.
Also if you go to the folder where Quill lives, after the update, and it is the No CD update, you should find two .exe of the quill 3d icon, one works the other doesn't.
you know what to do.
I will post the file deleting info when I can get to my home computer.

Aoneweb(Posted 2008) [#42]
The update supplied above is just the standard update that was released a while ago, and should not require any alterations, you will however need to have the CD in the drive to get Quill to work.
There was a No CD update released after this one, it had the same lable, but it was a zip file, and came with install instructions, telling you what files had to be deleted, 2 of them I think, and telling you about the new .exe icon.

I have that second update, but not sure if Idigicon want it passed around.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#43]
Beaker = Birdie btw
Nope. Birdie and Beaker are two completely different people.

(I know Puki already mentioned this, but I don't think many people believe a lot that Puki says - he just happens to be right for once) ;)

Ginger Tea(Posted 2008) [#44]
re reading this
no cd patch

hmm maybe what quill said on failing was
"insert the f**king CD you prat"
but for like 1.5 seconds so you dont get a chance to read it

now where did i put my quill cd (i know it not in storage oop norf now but where ???)

Aoneweb(Posted 2008) [#45]
LOL, Nice one.

Doggie(Posted 2008) [#46]
So...what about Nuclear Basic? Is that ever coming out?

Aoneweb(Posted 2008) [#47]
NF starts Beta testing very soon, we have already been testing some new componets, NGC V4 will follow and then we will be testing the NB compiler.