Human voices - Joint venture?

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Human voices - Joint venture?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#1]
This is a request for speakers. Since General Discussion is so active, everything is flushed out there in only a few hours. That's why I place this here, I hope you don't mind.

I'm searching for human speakers, voices for ingame texts. And I'd like to start some kind of voices network for this community. As my contribution for this pool I can offer the following accents: german, swiss, probably french.

You need to be willing to record some text with your voice, or your friends voices to be able to use other voices from the pool. Once a respected, contributing member, you may ask a certain member for some special recordings. I'm not talking about hours of text.

A Microphone to record sounds in relative good quality is required.

Please send me a mail if you want to join this cooperation:
hanshuber008 ät yahoo.com

Shambler(Posted 2006) [#2]
Sounds like it could be alot of fun!

I'll see if I can put something together and will email you once I get my PC sorted.

As well as a variety of insane human voices I have a vocoder which can be used for special effects...I'll try it out to see if it gives any usable results.

t3K|Mac(Posted 2006) [#3]
i am working as a dubber in my real life. i like the idea. email is on the way...

Alberto(Posted 2006) [#4]
Some actors were offering this kind of service on the web some time ago
Unfortunatly I do not remember the web site
However it is a good idea in my opinion

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#5]
Thanks for the positive feedback. I'm a little busy these days but there's no need to hurry with this project. Just stay tuned.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#6]
If you know how much money professional speakers cost, then you may find it very useful to be member of such a network.

So don't be sissies and drop me a line.