[Photoshop] - Skin Texture Video

Community Forums/Developer Stations/[Photoshop] - Skin Texture Video

Tyler(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hello all, I'm starting up a project to create a few free tutorial videos with hopes of opening up a website that will let people access professional art tutorials for a fairly cheap amount per month.

Let me know what you think of this one, it's the first free one based on creating a simple base skin texture for people to use as is, or build upon to create more realistic human skin appearance for their models. You need Photoshop to do this, and CS2 is the target, but it can be done on all of the recent versions.

http://www.togamario.com/Tutorials/SkinTut/SkinTut.html
(3+ M.B. - 30 sec. to 1 min. load for broadband)

Enjoy.

stayne(Posted 2006) [#2]
Very nice Tyler. What kind of tutorials are you going to offer?

Tyler(Posted 2006) [#3]
Thank you, markd. I'm going to focus on game development oriented art tutorials for now. I'm working on a Maya to Blitz tutorial, Low Poly Modeling in Maya, UV Mapping in Maya, Maya UVs in Photoshop, Lightmapping with Maya, and as many others as I can think of. Milkshape was mentioned in another forum, so I may do a few for those, too. Any suggestions?

Later I will peel off into production art techniques in Maya and possibly have one of my friends do Max tutorials for the same topics.

stayne(Posted 2006) [#4]
I've always wanted to see a good tutorial on creating textures for metal weapons like swords and armor as well. Realistic metal is a tough one. You know, dodging, burning, that sort of thing. Here's a decent example I found online (not mine):

Also maybe one on creating good reusable PS brushes.

Tyler(Posted 2006) [#5]
Ok, I'll put that one on the list too. Thanks :D