Multiple Anim in b3d file?

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Multiple Anim in b3d file?

grnbriar(Posted 2006) [#1]
Is there a way to put multiple animation sections in a b3d file? And how do you reference them in Blitz3D?
My exporter is just putt5ing one long anim section in now.

David

IKG(Posted 2006) [#2]
That's how it's done though..

All animations are placed in 1 sequence. You then load it and extract each animation manually with ExtractAnimSeq.

Something like that.

Mustang(Posted 2006) [#3]
Check animation commands:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/b3ddocs/command_list_3d_cat.php?show=Entity%20Animation

If you really want you can do this also:

LoadAnimSeq ( entity,filename$ )
Parameters:
entity - entity handle
filename$ - filename of animated 3D object
Description:
Appends an animation sequence from a file to an entity.

Returns the animation sequence number added.

grnbriar(Posted 2006) [#4]
I'm a little confused here.

Does this mean I need to generate a full file for each model for each animation sequence?
Each file will contain the textures, mesh and bones with one animation sequence?

Then I can load one, and then append the others to add the additional animation sequences?

Is there a way to write a b3d file that is only an additional animation?

David

Mustang(Posted 2006) [#5]

Does this mean I need to generate a full file for each model for each animation sequence?
Each file will contain the textures, mesh and bones with one animation sequence?

Then I can load one, and then append the others to add the additional animation sequences?

Yes, if you want to have separate animations (using the same mesh, bones etc).

No.

Don't get confused, read the flowery manual! :) Blitz3D has several ways of doing animation stuff, I'd use the "all animations in one file" and Exctract commands, but I just wanted to show that it's allright to have several separate animations too and compile them together with LoadAnimSeq. It's fully up to you to decide which method is the best choice for your animation pipeline.

grnbriar(Posted 2006) [#6]
Thanks!
I misunderstood the extract command.
So I just have to supply a list of animation descriptions and frame start and stop so they can be extracted.

David

Gabriel(Posted 2006) [#7]
So I just have to supply a list of animation descriptions and frame start and stop so they can be extracted.

Precisely.

Ricky Smith(Posted 2006) [#8]

Yes - you just need to write the node hierarchy and the animation frames - you dont need the mesh or even the bones. The LoadAnimMesh() command only requires "NODE" chunks containing "KEYS" chunks - nothing else.

Mustang(Posted 2006) [#9]
Cool - I stand corrected!