MAX TO B3D problem

Community Forums/Developer Stations/MAX TO B3D problem

Mike0101(Posted 2006) [#1]
I'm creating animated models in Max6 and I'm converting in b3d with Pipeline.
When I'm loading in my program, the model does not make the animation.
I m not newbie, I'm using loadanimmesh and the animating() command returns with "1", the animtime function writes the actualy frame on screen but my modeles does not make the animation.
This model works fine in max6 (the patch of the converter for max6 is instaled too.)
What is the problem? Is sombody who uses max6 and pipelin?

thx

Filax(Posted 2006) [#2]
It is bonned model ? if yes, you must check all childs
of the anim mesh and hide bones & animate the other entity !

Mike0101(Posted 2006) [#3]
Yes, this is a bonned animated model.
I don't understand this. What hide?
I'm using many-many more animated models and I have no problem, only with the max exported models.

Rook Zimbabwe(Posted 2006) [#4]
I use MILKSHAPE and ULTIMATE UNWRAP 3D when I export my models... MILKSHAPE for the animated ones so I can check frame... UU3D to set type better...

Bobysait(Posted 2006) [#5]
if you use b3d Pipeline for exporting, you have maybe checked "Scene Root" ( I think so, generally, if you have more than one mesh in the scene, it is checked by default, and maybe "Uncheckable" , i don't remember ). In blitz3D, as you want to animate your model, you'll certainly have to get the first child of the scene and animate it !

Scene=LoadAnimMesh("YouFile.b3d")
AnimMesh=getChild(Scene,1)

If you have a Bone that is parent of all others, it will be this one you'll have to animate.
So you could name it in 3dsmax, and then after exporting, you 'll get it in Blitz3D using FindChild command.

Then, you animate the bone.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#6]
I have similar problem. Using MAX6 and latest pipeline with the patch. During the export it runs fine in the preview window. It is a SIMPLE mesh that is just stretched. I load with LoadAnimMesh and use Animate. But the animation isn't working. Yes I'm using UpdateWorld :-)

I have also tried...

Scene=LoadAnimMesh(Pak("spring.b3d"))
spring=GetChild(Scene,1)

But then Blitz says spring has no animation!

It's not boned.

Any ideas?!!???!

[edit]
I was animating then copying the mesh. I now copy THEN animate! It works! Yee-hah!