cinema 4d texture problems

Community Forums/Developer Stations/cinema 4d texture problems

Kalisme(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi there, I'm having problems with Cinema 4d...
If I make a map, and the textures are done through cubic projection...
is there a plugin that I can use to export them through *.3ds or *.x without any texture problems?
(the current *.3ds * *.x exporters I use (the default) don't work very well)
can anyone help?
Has there been a better 3ds exporter made?

Moraldi(Posted 2006) [#2]
Try this: http://213.239.195.198/~philipp/download.php

Kalisme(Posted 2006) [#3]
No luck :( I think it handled the cube projection textures better... but it still exports wierd. (the textures stretchand distort in places)

*quick add*
Oh, I just found out a way of doing what I wanted...
not the most quick or conveniant way... but it works..
I exported to *.obj
Opened in wings3d an inverted the model to fix the ways the normals were facing...
Then I re-asigned the textures, one-by-one...
then lightmapped them... *ta-dah* a level good enough for my simple tests

Pete Carter(Posted 2006) [#4]
yeah the default x export is rubbish and ive never got the xport plugin above to work with animated meshes even though it is ment to export bones and animation which would be great. obj works fine for static meshes i use unwrap to texture my meshes anyway so ive never really had any problem with textures.

Pete

Pete Carter(Posted 2006) [#5]
if you want to bake light maps google a plugin called baker its nice and easy to use and works well.

Pete

Moraldi(Posted 2006) [#6]
Pete Carter,
A note about the animation of the XPORT plugin:
I have see it to work. There are some restrictions you have to follow in order to get the desired results. Unfortunatly i am not a C4D user to tell you the right steps. But if you follow the documentation of the XPORT plugin and you got the right version you will get it to work. If you use C4D for animation within Blitz3D its worth to give it a second chance

Pete Carter(Posted 2006) [#7]
thanks i will. i love cinema 4d but ive never got any animation exported. most of the export formats loose some info in some way or another it really is poor for exports.

Pete

Xception(Posted 2006) [#8]
Just disconnect all polygons and the problem should be solved.