Jipieee - modo201 has finally been released :O)

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Jipieee - modo201 has finally been released :O)

taumel(Posted 2006) [#1]
http://www.luxology.com/

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#2]
Looks good, but 895$ - kind of over my horizon. Probably I'm gonna try the 30 day Trial Version. Then again - 3 Gigabytes that's seriously a biggie. Is it good?

taumel(Posted 2006) [#3]
Well, they had an introduction price which was $695 but i guess there's nothing which can compete XSI Foundation pricewise. I think it's somehow okay as you get the win and the osx version without any dongles or any other troublemakers which is pretty nice for the modeller/3d world and i was exactly looking after a solution on both OSs without any additional costs.

As for the program it does things very easily where max would be a pain to use. On the other side there are things which are much easier to accomplish in max. But that's just my humble opinion as i'm not a pro with these tools.

The quality of the renderer and the physical based concept behind is very nice, although the rendering process could also be faster in my opinion. Nice GUI but with still some quirks in the first version. modo201 is about modelling, texturing and rendering, no animation in this one. Should be introduced in the next version.

By the way you don't have to download everything. The tool actually weights something below 70MB.

...enough? :O)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#4]
Ok, thanks :)