FLStudio Vibrato Effects?

Community Forums/Developer Stations/FLStudio Vibrato Effects?

QuickSilva(Posted 2006) [#1]
I`m trying to get a wobbling type effect on a some notes I am playing with FLStudio. In the Amiga Octamed days I used to just add a quick and easy vibrato effect to one of the tracks (I think thats the right term), my question is how could this be done in FLStudio?

Jason.

MikeHart(Posted 2006) [#2]
I would ask such a question at the FLStudio forum.

QuickSilva(Posted 2006) [#3]
I would normally but I wanted a quick answer and normally I don`t get one there. I will though if all else fails.

Jason.

boomboom(Posted 2006) [#4]
There should be a vibrato dial in whatever fx synth your using.

QuickSilva(Posted 2006) [#5]
I`m using a vst called TriForce for creating NES type music. I cannot see a vibrato dial. Any other ideas?

Jason.

Pete Carter(Posted 2006) [#6]
download this plugin and play with the settings (its free)

http://www.ismism.de/VIBRATOR.zip

high settings sound really funny on vocals !

Pete

Jams(Posted 2006) [#7]
Pitch shifting is quite a processor intensive operation, not the best candidate for a plugin effect tbh... Far better to put an LFO on the pitch of your synth if it allows it...

Also you might find that you get strange results by using a plugin, since it [probably] wont be synchronised with the note-on events of your synths - and you'll get notes starting at different pitches... by using an LFO you can make sure each note starts at the proper pitch, and shifts afterwards.

But it depends entirely on if your VST synth allows you to route an LFO into pitch...

QuickSilva(Posted 2006) [#8]
Unfortunetly it doesn`t. That is the route I would have gone down though.

Thanks for the help everyone. I`ll try that vibrator plugin Pete.

Jason.

Pete Carter(Posted 2006) [#9]
it may be better to record the notes or sounds first then apply the vibrator effect.

Pete

QuickSilva(Posted 2006) [#10]
Thanks Pete, thats what I`ve decided to go with too.

Jason.