3D World Studio 5.47 Released

Community Forums/Developer Stations/3D World Studio 5.47 Released

JoshK(Posted 2006) [#1]

3D World Studio 5.47 is released. The program comes with more than 150 new textures and skinned models. A large example scene is included, consisting of nearly 250,000 polys.

http://www.leadwerks.com/index.php?page=downloads.htm

Amon(Posted 2006) [#2]
Nice. Extra stuff for us :)

I'll download later as I'm getting a bandwidth exceeded message.

JoshK(Posted 2006) [#3]
It's back up.

Uncle(Posted 2006) [#4]
Excellent... downloading now :)

I notice the download size is smaller. Did you remove much?

JoshK(Posted 2006) [#5]
I removed some textures that weren't neede for the example scene. I will make those available as a separate download.

Pete Carter(Posted 2006) [#6]
it would be nice if you could use the textures in blitz.

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#7]
Pete,

When I export to B3d the warehouse it brought up a mav.

Very nice work on the warehouse level though chaps!

IPete2.

Pete Carter(Posted 2006) [#8]
the textures for the warehouse are in 3d world studios own texture format so can not be used in blitz. i really wondered why he posted this update here, because it makes very little difference to us blitz 3d users. we cant use the conent he's added. but it does show what can be done in 3dws with some nice meshes and textures.

hopefully josh will sell the textures cheap? but i dont think he will.

Pete

popcade(Posted 2006) [#9]
Hmm.... I'm watching this, and switching from CShop4 to DeleD, and currently use QuArk for Torque, it's somehow enough for me.

Pete Carter(Posted 2006) [#10]
don't get me wrong 3d world studio is still the best for torque and blitz3d. much better than Quark! buy 3d world studio its a great program. its only this update i was disapointed with because it seamed like we were getting some free stuff but it turns out we cant use it. the editor its self is very near perfect

Pete

Pete Carter(Posted 2006) [#11]
IPete2 you can get the mesh to export but it only worked for me if i loaded it as a animmesh or i got a mav too

JoshK(Posted 2006) [#12]
It probably MAVs on the warehouse because it creates a single mesh with more than 64,000 vertices. Loading as an animmesh would not cause this error.

Chevron(Posted 2006) [#13]
HI,My virus detector (Avast) detects win32:keylogger-AM when i try to run the demo.

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#14]
Thanks I'll try that,

IPete2.