eyesight problem

Community Forums/Developer Stations/eyesight problem

Gord(Posted 2006) [#1]
Due to poor eyesight I find that some 3d programs are no good for me. I have to use larger font and the magnifier in order to use a computer. Among the ones I have problems with are Softimage, which is cluttered with menus and sub menus. 3ds max is also difficult. Fortunatly there are several programs I have no problem with,these incude Milkshape, silo, and Truespace.Cinema 4d is also not too bad in this respect.Hope this info will be usefull to someone.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2006) [#2]
It might help you to invest in a much larger monitor - preferbly a widescreen one, just a thought... it makes everything bigger anyway.

big10p(Posted 2006) [#3]
Gord, if you're using the Windows magnifier, I'd suggest trying one of the freeware one out there, instead - they're much better to use. I use 'Dragnifier' which gives you a systray icon you just click on when you want to use the magnifying glass. It's pretty handy - I don't have poor eyesight, though; just a poor monitor. :)

Gord(Posted 2006) [#4]
Thanks. I will check out Dragnifier. I am using a 19 inch monitor from Samsung. Very good.