gamespace purchase

Community Forums/Developer Stations/gamespace purchase

Gord(Posted 2006) [#1]
Where is the best place to buy Gamespace for a uk user to get the best deal ? Would I avoid vat if downloading from US?

Amon(Posted 2006) [#2]
I would forget GameSPace if I were you. If you want a modeller for creating your game objects and characters then there are better programs than GameSpace.

Just check out the GameSPace forums and you'll see how many people are complaining about it.

NeverCenter do a fantastic modeller ( Silo3D ) for $109. IMHO this is by far the best modeller you could use for your gaming needs.

http://www.nevercenter.com/

Add to that Ultimate Unwrap and you have the perfect skinning, modelling and conversion combo.

JoeRetro(Posted 2006) [#3]
What about animation? Slio doesn't offer that.

boomboom(Posted 2006) [#4]
XSI:Fnd is alot better deal that gamespace...ALOT

Gord(Posted 2006) [#5]
Thamks. I have Silo.It was animation I was thinking about. Mayby Ultimate Unwrap and Charavter Shop would do the trick.

Hambone(Posted 2006) [#6]
GameSpace is garbage.

Basically all Caligari did was poach the converters from MilkShape3D (sweet deal for Mete :) and bolt it into a chopped buggy version of Truespace. I fed at the trough of Truespace from 4.1 to 6.6 and have the credit card bills to prove it. I finally wised up and put my money into LW 7.5 back in '02.

I also reccomend:
Milkshape3D
Cinema4D V6.3CE
Ultimate unwrap 3D
PaceMaker

Trust me when I say do not buy GameSpace. You will always find yourself coming up short and wishing you had your money back.

Allan

Alberto(Posted 2006) [#7]
Trust me when I say do not buy GameSpace. You will always find yourself coming up short and wishing you had your money back.

I definitly agree
Are people complaining about the modelling tool?
Really ?
You should try the animation tool....

Doggie(Posted 2006) [#8]
So you want to build levels and add animated models.

Halos stuff can do that for less $$$ and easier more powerful IMHO.

Amon(Posted 2006) [#9]
If you want to do animations then the cheapest option would be FragMotion. CHaracterFX is good but not as good as FragMotion.

Halo's CharacterShop is good but has a few limitations and some of the anims are borked. I remember Gabriel pointing this out to Halo but don't know if they have been fixed yet.

Basically if you have Silo all you'll need is FragMotion and UltimateUnwrap and you're good to go.

big10p(Posted 2006) [#10]
What about PaceMaker?

Alienforce(Posted 2006) [#11]
PaceMaker is great!! a fantastic and easy to use tool.

Gord(Posted 2006) [#12]
Thamks for all advice. I have got Silo and Cinema 4d 6 ce but am not sure if Cinema 4d animations can transfer to a blitz program. It depends also on whether the x format can be converted to b3d with anim info intact. anyone know?

Robert Cummings(Posted 2006) [#13]
A good choice is silo + milkshape / fragmotion or some other animation package.

I'm lucky enough to use 3dsmax so this is never an issue for me. I liked silo from a professional perspective though.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#14]
if you're really into Caligari stuff, i would suggest you forget GameSpace, and take a look at the real thing TrueSpace 6.6 for $99...

take a look here--> http://www.caligari.com/store/special/ts66up02.htm

now i really don't know for sure if this is an upgrade offer or open to everyone, but at the savings, if you're already looking in that direction, it's worth checking out...

if you already have a modeling app, tehn i might also suggest that you stick with the one you are familar with, and license PaceMaker for animations (like suggested above)... it's a very good solution...

--Mike

Gord(Posted 2006) [#15]
i checked out the Truespace offer.Difficult to tell id it's an upgrade for existing users or for anyone . They don't say.

Garion(Posted 2006) [#16]
This is the current Truespace Price List on their site.

http://www.caligari.com/store/trueSpace/default.asp?Cate=STtrueSpace

Why not download version 3.2, its free and Version 4.3 was given away free on a UK mag CD not toooo long ago.

ALternativly 3D World are giving away Carrarra 2.1 this month.

Avoid TS 7 as it is utterly dire, unfinished and over priced.

The big issue I suspect will be export formats, the .x exporter that comes with Truespace is not a very good one, for that yoo need the Gamepak add on.

VAT will charged if yoo download from US.

Cheers

Garion

Gord(Posted 2006) [#17]
Thanks. I settled for Truespace 5.2. Not the latest but good price. With this plus Silo plus Cinema 4d I am running out of excuses for getting not much done lately.
I am using Dark matters for ready made anims.