Poser & Vue Easel are quite good!

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Poser & Vue Easel are quite good!

Matty(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hello All,

Just thought I'd comment and say that Poser and Vue are really easy to use programs, and relatively cheap, for making static images such as

which I put together in a little while tonight with various purchased items. Poser is quite useful for creating animated image strips as well for 2d games.

Very useful for people, like myself, who have little artistic ability.

EDIT - Now I just have to think of a game that I can use this sort of stuff with

EDIT - another simple picture:

Doggie(Posted 2006) [#2]
Speaking of which I just bought Vue5 Esprit with Mover5 so I could get animated posers(without going to a bar!!!);)
For home movie making it's a great combination.

wmaass(Posted 2006) [#3]
Doggie let me know that the export capabilities are like for Vue5, especially for creating outdoor environments for games.

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#4]
I have used Poser for a few years to add animated speaking, characters to my multimedia. "Mimic" allows you to get their mouths moving in 'sync' with a wav file of speech. There are a number of free iems you can download from the poser fourms around too, very useful for trying new ideas - or adding free objects to your own library.

Matty - Poser is pretty ideal for short cut scenes too, you can import a static background image or moving video to overlay your characters onto. I then added special effects in Premiere.

I made a very short film sequence of my son fighting a skeleton in our back grarden - using DV footage of my son fighting fresh air - lots of fun and only took an evening to do the shooting and animation of skeleton.

IPete2.

Doggie(Posted 2006) [#5]
If you want to export more than the terrain you'll need Vue5 infinite. Myself, I don't need the high end features or the export ability since I'm using it as a set builder for movie making only.