Inca Pro demo

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Inca Pro demo

JoshK(Posted 2006) [#1]
Explore 3 new environments made in 3D World Studio:
http://www.leadwerks.com/ccount/click.php?id=11 (26 mb)

simonh(Posted 2006) [#2]
A bit disappointing. Considering Inca was released five years ago on DB, I expected some sort of advancement from then.

The environments are very small too, a large level would perhaps better demonstrate the capabilities of 3D World Studio.

N(Posted 2006) [#3]
Well it is written using DBPro, can't expect a whole lot in terms of visuals.

Edit:
After running, I have to agree with Simon.

This really doesn't help show what 3DWS is capable of. And I know it's capable of much more than this (considering I use it exclusively for environments). I think the biggest problems are the lighting (you can hardly see anything) and texture resolution overall (rather mucky). It's very unimpressive, and unfortunately the geometry is fairly dull (that which was made with 3DWS brushes, that is).

JoshK(Posted 2006) [#4]
It would be interesting to see what a b3d version would be like.

I posted this here because I thought it was a nice presentation of the features my editor has.

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#5]
I think that this was just Halo allowing us to view some environments he's built in 3DWS - I dont think - I'm certain in fact that it wasn't anything more than that.

Overall I found it interesting to view something in DBPro - it looked a little washed out on my system - but when I checked the lightmaps they too are tones of grey - with little black in them. Easily fiexed for my eyes though.

IPete2.

Ice9(Posted 2006) [#6]
WARNING !!!!
If you install there is no uninstall
You have to delete the shortcuts on the desktop and in
the menu yourself as well as the folder in program files.
I don't know what else it installs. It wasn't that
exiting.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#7]
..well if you can share geometry with us, maybe we can make something better...

Tom(Posted 2006) [#8]
Pretty nice, though I'm getting leaks where geometry is meeting up/not sharing verts e.t.c (white speckly lines), it's worse if I keep moving the mouse, dunno what's up there.

FPS was 71, why so slow?

Oh, and good audio too :)

Zmatrix(Posted 2006) [#9]
Nice Halo, I agree they do seem a bit washed out...would look better with mod2x probably.

"why so slow?"
cuz its dbpro..;)

actually its probably the NG collisions, they arent that fast.
but they work.

Sam

Red Ocktober(Posted 2006) [#10]
it's just a demo of the level autoloaded and parser... it's not supposed to be DOOM4... give the guy a break, huh...

there's really nothing spectacular about it... i really didn't think that there was supposed to be...

all it does is load in a CShop (sorry, 3DWS) level and parse it to create some entities... Rob Cummings did that a while back in his cube demo... and LightBulb (Skitchy's Lightmapping level ed) also did the same thing...

halo's targeting his intended audience with a tool they'll find useful... and as such, this lil demo should be compelling enough to do the job...

i thought it was pretty decent... i had to increase the gamma on my monitor to really see the scenery, but it sorta reminded me of half life... sorta... at least one of the levels did anyway... when you climbed up the stairs and made it to the outside... the buidings in the background... the ambient sounds...

nice job josh...

--Mike