Blender Users

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Blender Users

Amanda Dearheart(Posted 2006) [#1]
I'm looking for anyone here that uses Blender to create models and game levels, etc.

My main question is: Does Blender export its model data to .b3b format, saving its textures, skeleton animation, etc. etc.

I'm primarily a TrueSpace 5.0 user, and I know it doesn't have native support for .b3d files, Torque (sold by Garage Games), or even 3D Gamestudio (Conitec). You will either have to go through MilkShape, Ultimate Unwrap, or buy GameSpace. Caligari also offers plug-ins for their TrueSpace products but they are available for versions 6.6 and upwards.

Any help will be appreciated!

Alienforce(Posted 2006) [#2]
I had a ton of problems using gS(1.6) and tS(6.6) with the supplied exporter from to b3d from Caligari. nonanimated meshes/levels did work but its was a pain to get the anim out :( The only way i found working was exporting from gS/tS to Milkshape (.ms3d) then convert it with Unwrap3D.
Sorry! I hope you get some answears regarding Blender.

WolRon(Posted 2006) [#3]
Don't know how well this answers your question:

I exported using the .x option. I have to admit that I'm not a big time 3D modeller/animator though.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#4]
On this site you can download a b3d export python script for blender, but I guess it's very limited:
http://routebuilder.bve-routes.com/download.php

Then again the creator of a page named "Blitz 3D UVGA ..." that cannot accessed anymore other than from the google cache says:

Blender is an open source software for 3D modeling, animation, rendering, post-production, interactive creation and playback. This program is free and exports 3D models directly into B3D format for use with Blitz 3D. -- http://www.blender.org/

That's pretty confusing since B3D is not mentioned on blender.org, not in the native export formats and not in the listing of the export scripts.

Bob3d(Posted 2006) [#5]
erm...no.This is not blitz 3d b3d format.Is for another stuff.

Way that I found with blender was x export (but usually from ben's plugin page, or Jox modification of it) .then import into Ultimate Unwrap, then export as b3d.

Sir Gak(Posted 2006) [#6]
Hi, on another thread, I proposed that the Blitz community create a modeler program, open-source, free for all. Its purpose is to have a modeler that runs in Blitz 3D to create and save .b3d models/animations natively.

Bob3d(Posted 2006) [#7]
Nice one. Though in the topic of Blender, I guess would be more practical to do for example a python b3d exporter for it, suporting armatures.

n8r2k(Posted 2006) [#8]
you can export a wings file to .3ds and then open using decorator and export as a .b3d. I think theres a wings export option in blender. I do this because of the cheapo programmer i am. Costs me nothing.

Aoneweb(Posted 2006) [#9]
If you buy Gile(s), you can import X files, and light map them, and save in B3D format, and this program is worth every penny.

Bob3d(Posted 2006) [#10]
well, he said also skeleton animation.

So, those two ways cant be used for that...

Only choice for now is x(and use UU or Max to convert ). As I dunno of any tool converting a doom3 md5 into b3d...well, max does.