Jahshaka

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Jahshaka

Paul Murray(Posted 2006) [#1]
Not technically a content creation tool, but a nice bit of kit anyway. Video editing software, open source.

Someone mind find it useful for something...

Click here!

*Edit*

Just noticed this was linked in a thread in the General Discussions forum too.

jhocking(Posted 2006) [#2]
Thanks!

Jams(Posted 2006) [#3]
Ahh i've been on the lookout for an open source video editing app for a while now :)

Picklesworth(Posted 2006) [#4]
Cool :)
It's looking a bit Blenderish, but I'll give it a shot.
(At least they took the sensible route and put all of their functionality into menus instead of microscopic buttons upon which only the first 2 letters of their title are visible).

It definietly looks featureful!
Runs on Linux, too! (I forgot to mention that as of Thursday I have been a fan of Linux)

Jams(Posted 2006) [#5]
It just crashes on my windows box :(

Will have to try it on Linux instead but that's gonna be a pain! nm

N(Posted 2006) [#6]
Very interesting, thank you.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#7]
When I tried it last time, it wasn't much more than a gui and it also crashed, but some weeks ago I used to read it features a lot of goodies now, making it something like Adobe After Effects. Gonna try this, tho I'm afraid the writer only repeated the feature list (that one was always there, regardless of the actual state of the project)

Erroneouss(Posted 2006) [#8]
The reason I've been using this (On linux of course ^-^)
is because of its color keying.

Pretty cool stuff...

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#9]
So they actually implemented chromakeying etc. Good to know. When I tried it first time (as I said before), I thought this will never be finished, a huge Gui that crashes and no action on any button.

Man I was desperately searching for a chroma keying app, I even used to write my own because every freeware I found just sucked. I really got to try this, and if it's only to see if any further development of DrGreen makes sense at all.