New 3D World Studio screenshots

Community Forums/Developer Stations/New 3D World Studio screenshots

JoshK(Posted 2006) [#1]
This is pretty much what I envisioned when I started writing this program. I like it a lot.

slenkar(Posted 2006) [#2]
you wrote it in b+?
looks good, so you can turn lights on and off on the same screen huh?

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#3]
Fabtastic Josh.

IPete2.

maximo(Posted 2006) [#4]
what is it? a scifi hallway generator?

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2006) [#5]
obviously you could create more with it than hallways ;-)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#6]
hehe. Great style, but a lot of polies for a hallway IMHO. I guess the whole space station has some millions of tris then.

Mustang(Posted 2006) [#7]
Looks good to me, and polycount is ok - although I'd use even more polys myself. :) 12 polygon corridors belong to the past, you can use much more these days... with simple culling algos few million polygon spacestations are easily doable with Blitz too.

Matty(Posted 2006) [#8]
It looks like a good product, I am tempted to buy it - those sci fi hallways have always grabbed me, just not sure whether it is any easier to get a good result from this than the tools I already use (remembering that me not being an artist, a good result for me is something that doesn't look anywhere near as good as the above). I think I'll download the demo.

EDIT - just downloaded the demo. Had a problem with trying to mirror the sections in the 'example.3dw' file. I tried selecting all of the wall sections (ie ctrl-clicking each of the wall (not floor) sections at once, then mirrored them on the z-axis, mirrored them on the z-axis again and get a "illegal operation - press close / details'. Also could not get CTRL-Z to perform an undo operation, as well as CTRL-C/CTRL-V to copy sections, had to use the menu options instead. Is this just in the demo?

JoshK(Posted 2006) [#9]
I'd download the v5.31 demo, get the v5.37 patch off the leadwerks forum, and post any bug reports there.

No one has ever mentioned a problem like that, so please let us know if you experience it again.

Forums are here:
http://www.leadwerks.com/forums/index.php

JoshK(Posted 2006) [#10]
I think the polycount here was about 15,000 (4,000 unique). If that's too much, you need to get with the times.

N(Posted 2006) [#11]
In B3D it is, but that's 'cause of how outdated it is. If you're using a real engine, it'll run smooth as.. I don't know, something smooth.

My point is, the first person to complain gets kicked in the face.

Amon(Posted 2006) [#12]
I want to complain.

N(Posted 2006) [#13]
Go ahead. I'll kick you in the face though.

Yan(Posted 2006) [#14]
You do realise that Amon is a grand master in the ancient art of Ecky-Thump, don't you?

The corridor looks pretty damned good to me.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#15]
pft - high polycount is so lame. If a game needs the same hardware as doom3, but looks like quake3, do you think I'd buy it? It needs more than a highpoly corrdior to "get with the times".
Bysides, modern engines use bumpmapping to keep the polycount low. Why would they do that?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#16]
Don't get this wrong halo, I think World Studio is a great tool. I'm only talking about the corridor polycount here.

Wiebo(Posted 2006) [#17]
It's a tool to create stuff, it's up to you to decide which 'engine' (language) you will use to display it...
Looking good Halo.

Amon(Posted 2006) [#18]
I'm no fanboy but 3DWS is the schizz. :)