Questions for SlimShady03

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Questions for SlimShady03

Happy Sammy(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi all,

I add green light to a small room (room.b3d) and "export as single mesh with lightmap" (room-green.b3d and room-green_lm.bmp)Then, in "test_exported.bb", I change the loadmesh to load the room (room-green.b3d) and run prg.
I could not see anything. What other things should I need to set? (In the original code, it seems that I fall from above and land on the ground, then I could explore the room.)

Thanks in advance.
Sammy
:)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#2]
there must be the initial position for the player in the test code, increase the Y, sounds like you where falling trough the ground.

Happy Sammy(Posted 2006) [#3]
Hi jfk,

I see.

By the way, there are 3 different types (directional,point & spot) of light in Blitz3d. Is it possible to set these different lights in SlimShady03?

Thank you.
Sammy

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#4]
lightmapping and DX lights are completely diffrent and cannot be compared (lighmapping will cast shadows and is static, DX lights won't cast shadows, but it's mobile and "dynamic"). However, in Lightmappers you see directional light, ambient light, spotlight and point light as well. Unfortunately SlimShady supports only point lights.

Happy Sammy(Posted 2006) [#5]
Thank you for reply
Sammy