Using the Particle System From Lightwave w\ Blitz

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Using the Particle System From Lightwave w\ Blitz

W(Posted 2006) [#1]
I am having trouble getting a fog effect from lightwave layout to work with blitz 3-D, what file-types, or other formats must I use for it to function properly?i already have exported in .w3d but i dont know how to play it

jhocking(Posted 2006) [#2]
First off, I assume you mean "b3d" not "w3d"

Second, b3d does not support any particle effects, so unless your fog effect is done as/converted to an animation style that b3d does support (either heirarchy or skeletal animation) then you can't export that.

To do particle effects in Blitz you need a particle system. You can download one from the Toolbox to plug into your code.

W(Posted 2006) [#3]
i exported in shockwave 3D .W3D im using lightwave 8 layout does anyone know what format blitz uses to do animations with, especially for converted particle effects???

jhocking(Posted 2006) [#4]
Um, why did you think you would use Shockwave files with Blitz? If you click Specs and Utils up at the top, you can download b3d exporters for Lightwave. But again, you'll need to create your particle effects within Blitz; exporting from an animation tool is for animated meshes.

scribbla(Posted 2006) [#5]
lightwave particles are for use within lightwave only
mesh or mesh with bones (lwo/lws) can be converted using terrabits converter in the specs and utils

for particles
try google ing for the particle candy demo