Why can't I get to www.unwrap3d.com?

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Why can't I get to www.unwrap3d.com?

Matty(Posted 2005) [#1]
I've been wanting to look into ultimate unwrap and everytime I go to google and type in "ultimate unwrap" and select the first link which is to

http://www.unwrap3d.com/

I get a blank page, nothing loads. This is using Firefox 1.5, and if I try with internet explorer then I get the same result.

QuickSilva(Posted 2005) [#2]
That link works fine here, also on FireFox. Try going directly to the downloads page as I had a similar problem once with the main page (not sure why?) Maybe something on your computer is blocking that page?

http://www.unwrap3d.com/downloads.aspx

Jason.

Matty(Posted 2005) [#3]
Get the same thing here too. In fact my house mate has the same issue on his PC - he can't reach it either. We are behind a hardware firewall although would that make a difference?

QuickSilva(Posted 2005) [#4]
It shouldn`t do. Sorry I do not know what else to suggest. Can you disable your firewall and test?

Jason.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#5]
Maybe your machines have problms with some sort of redirection or domain mapping, the physical server is also knows as www.paper3d.com , try this.

QuickSilva(Posted 2005) [#6]
Yep, www.paper3d.com works here.

Jason.

Matty(Posted 2005) [#7]
No www.paper3d.com just gives me a blank page. Not even an error 404, just a blank white screen - same as for the unwrap3d.com page. I don't think I can disable my firewall as it is a router (ADSL modem) - can you disable a hardware firewall, not that I'd really want to?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#8]
try to access it over a proxy service eg. www.anonymouse.ws

Matty(Posted 2006) [#9]
Hi - that worked jfk, although I can't read many of the feature lists with the ad banners that site puts over the unwrap 3d site. I also am not sure I trust anonymouse if I were to purchase unwrap3d while viewing the webpage through them, perhaps I am just paranoid.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#10]
of course, you're right, it's not so easy to say if this is secure. Better don't risk anything with your credit card data.

The banner is new, you may be able to hide it when you turn off images in the browser, in opera it's one click.

But you may be able to determine the contact adress and ask the author of UU how to purchase, I'm sure he will find an acceptable way and I guess he would like to know about the problems some people have to access the page.

dangerdave(Posted 2006) [#11]
i'm not having problems getting to www.unwrap3d.com (resolves to ip 216.119.97.114 if that helps, and i can browse to that ip)

Note: There is a new b3d update for the program, posted on Jan. 9.