Metasequoia tutorials

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Metasequoia tutorials

David819(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi, does anyone know where to find good Metasequoia tutorials, i've had a look on google but cant find any that are useful for human modeling etc.
Thanks
David

popcade(Posted 2005) [#2]
http://numerous.org/bazooka/mt/archives/2002/06/15_103355.html

http://numerous.org/bazooka/mt/archives/2002/06/15_104826.html

http://numerous.org/bazooka/mt/archives/2002/06/15_105612.html

It's made by Japanese.... maybe better luck searching from yahoo JP

David819(Posted 2005) [#3]
ok, Thanks, i think i need to install the japaneese character set though. thanks again.

Bob3d(Posted 2005) [#4]
there was a plane modelling good tut, all in english. But now I'm in a rush.

John Blackledge(Posted 2005) [#5]
I translated (via excite) as much of the Japanese manual as I could (it's a lot bigger than the English manual).
Let me know when you've downloaded it and I'll remove it - I need the webspace ;-)
Metasequoia manual

David819(Posted 2005) [#6]
Ok Thanks, i downloaded the manual. it should help me abit. thanks again.

Happy Sammy(Posted 2006) [#7]
Hi John Blackledge,

I am also interested in the manual, could you please send me a link?

Thanks in advance.
Sammy
:)

John Blackledge(Posted 2006) [#8]
Hi Sammy,

Get it at:
www.reality4d.1l.com/metaseq/manual.zip

I think it's the best modeller baring none, and definitely worth the time taken to understand it.
Unfortunately it was the first modeller I tried when I got Blitz3D, and now it's spoiled me - all other modellers seem clunky and just plain awkward.

The latest version is 2.34, but I generally use 2.24 coz I don't like the texturing in 2.34.
You may have noticed that it can't export - the author has not set up e-commerce outside Japan for the exportable version (I keep nagging him).
So also download the latest 'freeware version'.
Save your work as an MQO from 2.24, load it into the freeware version, then save it out as .X, which Blitz code will load.

Bob3d(Posted 2006) [#9]
John.I nagged him too... But finally preferred a fully free license, and went to Wings3d. I never regreted it.

Yet though I like it a lot too. I did knew that modeler deeply.
I model with it sometimes for nostalgy.

I have made detailed real time 3d characters with it.

Oh, Ultimate Unwrap opens MQO files PERFECTLY, just so seamless that is incredible.From there you can export to whatever, too.

Happy Sammy(Posted 2006) [#10]
To all of you, thank you very much!!!

(BTW, John Blackledge, the current freeware version (2.3b)could export to .x)

Sammy

John Blackledge(Posted 2006) [#11]
Sammy, yes I've got 2.3b.

I just wanted to point out that 2.34 appeared to have bugs in the mapping/texturing section, so I'd dropped back to 2.24 while waiting for him to fix this.
Let me know if you need any of the earlier versions.

Bob, what I liked about Meta was that modelling and texturing could be done in one place (veery civilized) and it still is, in my opinion, the friendliest modeller ever.

Bob3d(Posted 2006) [#12]
is very friendly, yup. Some cases I know of people that did not find their way with Wings, but did with Meta.

This I made with Meta(long ago.Not the uvs and textures) :

John Blackledge(Posted 2006) [#13]
Nice stuff!

I do have 'Mikoto' which was the animator designed to be used with Meta, but can't make haed or tail of it since it's in Japanese - hey, ho.

Bob3d(Posted 2006) [#14]

I knew of someone using actively mikoto...

I did make a try of it way long ago...well..could guess till how to put some bones, but nothing else, for same reason.

With Frametoon (2d animation tool) I could get it full working though being in japanesse, but with mikoto I either couldn't.

Happy Sammy(Posted 2006) [#15]
Hi all,

Does Meta LE contains "Paint" panel? According to the manual, there exists "Paint" panel.

Thanks in advance.
Sammy

Bolo_Loco(Posted 2006) [#16]
@Happy Sammy

yes -you have to uncheck the Basic mode

in the File menu

Doggie(Posted 2006) [#17]
Nice cowboy Bob

Bob3d(Posted 2006) [#18]

Happy Sammy(Posted 2006) [#19]
Hi Bolo_Loco,