Ultimate Unwrap help needed - reposition skeleton

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Ultimate Unwrap help needed - reposition skeleton

puki(Posted 2005) [#1]
In Ultimate Unwrap you can use 'Modifiers' to 'Move'. However, when I try this, the mesh moves to the new position and the 'skeleton' stays where it was origianally.

I am loading animated meshes (with bones) into UU and scaling them at the point of loading as they are too big for Blitz3D - I can't scale withing Blitz3D as they are animated models.

When the scaled model loads into UU, it is off-centre - which is no good. I try to 'Move' it but I cannot get the 'skeleton' to move.

Anyone know how to get round this?

puki(Posted 2005) [#2]
All sorted.

Ultimate Unwrap wasn't really designed for moving bones.

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#3]
You CAN move bones :o) Just select the bone, and use the modifiers to move it. If UU had better controls for moving stuff, it would be brilliant. It's rather annoying going to modifiers menu all the time, to move things. You can't even use the shortcut keys.

jhocking(Posted 2005) [#4]
In all fairness, it's not a modeling tool.

Bob3d(Posted 2005) [#5]
Nope, even more for those of us who deeply handled Lith since its very first times..was born only for uvmapping.

Now is way more useful.

Alberto(Posted 2005) [#6]
Hello

Little to do with the original puki's question but I would like to inform that :
I purchased a 3d model.
It comes in " pieces "
I have been trying to re group the pieces to get an seamless model.
No chance
Then I imported the "pieces" in Ultimate Unwrap
Well, the exported model was perfectly regrouped