gile(s) problem from AC3D

Community Forums/Developer Stations/gile(s) problem from AC3D

Vorderman(Posted 2005) [#1]
I'm using AC3D for modelling for SCR and I want to lightmap some models for the front end, but importing into gile(s) doesn't seem to work - the UV coords are lost.

Here are two pictures, on in AC3D -

and this is how it looks after loading the AC3D .ac into gile(s) -

Can anyone help me out as to why the UV coords are lost using AC3D's own file format? There is just the one material on this object, and that is loading OK, just the UV coords getting scrambled.

I can import the object as a .X or .3DS fine, but I'd rather go straight from AC3D into gile(s) using that one format.

Shambler(Posted 2005) [#2]
Best ask here http://www.frecle.net/forum/ as not many people use AC3D.

Does AC3D load the .ac file back in OK?

Ice9(Posted 2005) [#3]
Maybe something to do with the second set of UV coords
Or is AC flipping or rotating the texture. try rotating the
texture 90,180,270

Vorderman(Posted 2005) [#4]
I can only assume that AC3D is working OK, because I can export to .x or .3ds and Blitz and gile(s) both load it just fine. It just seems to be gile(s)' .ac importer.

Never mind, I'll just use .x for the time being.

I'll ask on the gile(s) for also, thanks Shambler.

N(Posted 2005) [#5]
Try rotating the texture 90/-90 degrees in gile[s], it may be that AC3D uses rotated texture coordinates for some obscure reason. It's evident that the texture coordinates are still intact in gile[s], so mess with scale/rotation in the texture settings.

Vorderman(Posted 2005) [#6]
Sorted it - the UV coords needed to be flipped on the x-axis in gile(s).

So, just placed my order for gile(s) so I can start lightmapping bits of Stunt Car Racer's front end - hurry up with that reg code Mikkel!