Image Joiner?

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Image Joiner?

polygoon(Posted 2005) [#1]
Seems there are a gazillion programs to split images, but I can't find one that allows you to select a range of images and join then side by side.

I'm rendering out a sequence of frames in lightwave, but instead of turning it into a movie, I want it to take the images in a directory in numerical order and add the next image in sequence to the right of the former image. So it looks like a film strip.

I need this for another prog which eats strips like this and then shows one "frame" from this strip at a time. (sysmetrix; multistate images) Could be up to 360 images max in one strip I'd imagine.

Anyone got a prog and or URL handy?

I'm just trying to produce some content for sysmetrix.

Seems to me Blitz could probably handle this, but I'm a pixel prodder these days, not a programmer.

Snarty(Posted 2005) [#2]
ProPixel Animator

it does both. :)

tonyg(Posted 2005) [#3]
Glueit can do the joining if they're in bmp format.

polygoon(Posted 2005) [#4]
Thanks for both guys, Job done! ;O)

GlueIt turned out to be a near perfect 10!

Did exactly the job and with a few frills added it would be the absolute best it could ever be for this particular job.

I wonder how one would go about writing such a thing?

Only thing I'd like to add would be to save the thing off as a prooject and then come back to it later during image tweaking, would be fully brilliant with that and one or two other realy minor tweaks.

Happy bunny here.

tonyg(Posted 2005) [#5]
Shouldn't be too difficult to read all the image files from a directory, check their size, create an image big enough to hold them all, set imagebuffer to the created image, draw each with an offset and then savebuffer.

polygoon(Posted 2005) [#6]
Sounds so easy when you put it like that. ;O)

I'm pretty sure I'd be incapable, it's been way too long and I got a head full of pixels these days!

Maybe something to tinker with, assuming I ever get 5 minutes, and you know how graphics bods are; 5 minutes is the length of a goodly holiday, if you're really lucky! Rats! ;O)

Thanks for the poitners though, it's been really, really helpful.

big10p(Posted 2005) [#7]
For future reference, I think IrfanView lets you stick a load of images together - calls it "Create Panorama Image", or something.