Australian Blender User/s

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Australian Blender User/s

keyboard(Posted 2005) [#1]
I have a copy of the official Blender 2.0 guide.
cost me Au$110 about 2 years ago. No longer required, so rather than leave it gathering dust, I would be happy to see someone using it. I'd prefer to give it to a "financially challenged" member of the community.

I will mail within Australia only, and if you or someone you know would be an interested recipient, reply to this thread.

includes a CDROM with a full version of Blender v2.03

cheers.

LineOf7s(Posted 2005) [#2]
For someone uninitiated in the dark ways of 3D, but keen to move into the swirling maelstrom that is 3D development in Blitz3D, would this package at least give one an outside chance at producing a believable 3D object with Blender and its much-maligned interface?

Or would this be more suited to someone who had already grasped the basics of Blender and wanted to embrace it even more?

keyboard(Posted 2005) [#3]
I'd go with the outside chance, but you're talking to the uninitiated.

By the way, you're up way too late :)

N(Posted 2005) [#4]
Leigh: I'd just go with the vast amount of tutorials at http://blender.org/cms/Using_Blender.80.0.html

LineOf7s(Posted 2005) [#5]
keyboard: Up too late? That was an early night - went to bed the same day I woke up. :o)

Unless someone less 3D-challenged and more Blender-familiar raises their hand, consider me replying to this thread. So many Southerners come up to sunny Queensland to retire, why wouldn't it work the same for tech literature?

Noodles: Awww, but you can't have too many computer books! ;o)

I'm sure those tutorials are excellent (and I've heard they are - especially the video ones), but there's nothing quite so snuggly as a comfy doona and a hefty tome.

keyboard(Posted 2005) [#6]
Line:

I will send contact details to the addie contained in your sig.

LineOf7s(Posted 2005) [#7]
keyboard: You're a man among men. You were even more than a man among men when you had your 2D resource site up, but us freeloaders can't have everything. I mean, where would we put it?

keyboard(Posted 2005) [#8]
too kind ;)

its in the mail

LineOf7s(Posted 2005) [#9]
EXCELLENT EBAYER. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. A+++++

Seriously though, is there something small I can get you - at least to cover your postage?

keyboard(Posted 2005) [#10]
Thank you so much, Line, but the pleasure is all mine.

I mean, the damn book has been staring at me reproachfully for years, begging to be put to use :)

LineOf7s(Posted 2005) [#11]
Now that you mention it, it did look a lil despondent when I took it out of the PostPak...

Thankyou again. I am all the 133t3|2 just for having it. :o)