3D World Studio 5.31 - lights & .b3d expor

Community Forums/Developer Stations/3D World Studio 5.31 - lights & .b3d expor

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#1]

3D World Studio 5.31 is released. Lighting is finished, with support for point, spot, and directional lights. Blitz3D .b3d export has been implemented. What you see in the editor exactly matches what you get in Blitz. Exported .b3d files are also compatible with gile[s].

popcade(Posted 2005) [#2]
Some opinion, or simple my own problem...

1.The online update, splash screen hides the firewall alert that make me think the program hangs, maybe make the online update optional of switchable(at least, reminds the user to perform this action before proceeding)

2.How about using InnoSetup or NSIS as installer, should be able to make the dist easier to build and distribute.

Panno(Posted 2005) [#3]
hi halo
is it possible to import xxx.dif and export to b3d and reverse ?
mfg panno

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#4]
There is no .dif importer.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2005) [#5]
On your website there is a discount for CShop owners when upgrading, how much is it exactly we get in discount?

MadJack(Posted 2005) [#6]
Halo

Have been testing it out and it's a very nice, very easy to use package. Stable too.

Will probably purchase when terrains are in. However would be nice to be able to handle multi-texturing in your package as well, at present would probably export to Giles for the multi-texturing before export to Blitz3d.

One other thought - a flag for whether a light casts shadows? A couple of distant, non-shadow casting lights can give a more textured ambient light.

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#7]
I think the shadow-casting option is a good suggestion. Look for it in the near future.

As for multitexturing, I would do this by going through the surfaces of the mesh, and adding the second texture, whenever the first texture of the material is found.

MadJack(Posted 2005) [#8]
'As for multitexturing, I would do this by going through the surfaces of the mesh, and adding the second texture, whenever the first texture of the material is found. '

Yep, I have some code that does do that, but from a design point of view I find it frustrating that I don't have a single tool (that I can configure for Blitz WYSIWYG) in which I can make rapid geometry adjustments, tweak surface properties, add texture layers and get the feedback immediately. It's that last 20% of subtle level tweaking where I find the constant app switching really slows me down.

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#9]
The thing is, my editor is designed for use with many engines, each of which has its own materials system. Plus, if I added multitexturing in the editor, I would just get bitched at when people loaded an .x file and wondered why the multitexturing didn't carry over.

MadJack(Posted 2005) [#10]
The answer is obvious then - just set it up for Blitz exclusively ;-)

But you are going to have approach some sort of multi-texturing in the future though, wouldn't you say?

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2005) [#11]
*Bump* Halo *bump*

[edit]Well there goes a sale!!!![/edit]