Gmax and 3dWorld Studio

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Gmax and 3dWorld Studio

Gord(Posted 2005) [#1]
I recently purchased 3d World Studio which is a very good level builder. It is compatible with gmax ( with Tempest gamepack) and has the md3 file format. For those who don't know Gmax is a free and legal version of 3ds Max. Ypu can export meshes directly to 3d World Studio with the md3 format, and probably to other suitable programs as well. Any commenta?

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#2]
If I'm not mistaken GMAX is fine for none commercial stuff, but don't try and sell your models!

IPete2.

Gord(Posted 2005) [#3]
All ny stuff is for my own entertainment , and anyway not good enough to sell.

N(Posted 2005) [#4]
As of October 6, 2005, Autodesk will no longer offer Gmax® software as a stand-alone product.

Considering it's no longer available, I doubt anyone's going to be trying to support it.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#5]
heh. Gmax wouldnt register on my comptuer last time i tried- ¬.¬

Gord(Posted 2005) [#6]
I downloaded it this week.

Bob3d(Posted 2005) [#7]
autodesk not, but maybe turbosquid yes?

anyway, there's possible use of gmax for comercial purposes, just with certain pair of plugins, and not hacking the software or using external tools to overcome certain limits.

This has been answered at least twice by the old discreet in the past, in the gmax oficial forums and in the turbosquid forums.

Bob3d(Posted 2005) [#8]
even more, at turbosquid models have been sold directly even as *.gmax files.

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#9]
If you do a search on their forums, an employee says that it is okay to use exported .md3 models for whatever you want.