Fontext - bitmap fonts - NOW for BlitzMax as well

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Fontext - bitmap fonts - NOW for BlitzMax as well

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#1]
There is now a new Fontext library available for BlitzMax. The library was written by Tom (otherwise known as Scouse):
http://playerfactory.proboards25.com/index.cgi?board=fontext&action=display&thread=1127095317

Fontext has now been used successfully in Blitz3D, Blitz+, and BlitzMax. As well as others: DBP, C++ (on a PDA) etc.

You can use Fontext fonts directly in gile[s] (using a plugin), which enables you to add great looking text to your scenes (no more blurry images of signs etc).

If you haven't heard of Fontext before:

Fontext is an application and suite of libraries, for the creation and display of bitmap fonts. As well as text, the libraries handle such things as HUDs, user interaction, and 2D animation.

It has been used successfully in well over 20 games, many of which are commercial.

It has even been used in one game to handle the whole display including game graphics.

More info in my sig..

Rimmsy(Posted 2005) [#2]
Oh yeah! Now that's what I'm talking about. I've been searching around my backup cds for about an hour now looking for fontext to use this.

edit: Which is the most recent version? I have 0.9c

Thanks Beaker

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#3]
The latest is v1.65. E-mail me for more information.