3D World Studio Lighting Question...

Community Forums/Developer Stations/3D World Studio Lighting Question...

RexRhino(Posted 2005) [#1]
I have a question about 3D World Studio, and how the lighting texture maps will work.

In Cartography shop, the lighting texture maps were limited by the graphics cards of the computer where the texture map rendering was being done on. So, for example, if you had an old crummy graphics card with 256 x 256 texture limit, that would be the limit of the lightmap rendered (even if you then took the model and used it on a computer with a high tech graphics card).

Will the lightmapping still be based on the graphics card? The reason I ask is because I am working on a web-based adventure game that will use 2D images (like Myst, for example). What I want to do is load the level model into blitz3d, and then had that move the camera to different locations, and render a view of that location.

I am working on this with a laptop without a graphics accellerator. I don't need a good graphics card for what I am doing, because the graphics are rendered into static 2D images, so if the framerate sucks because the processor has to emulate 3D hardware features, it doesn't matter.

But if 3D World Studio is dependant on the graphics card for generating lightmaps, I can't really use it.

Alienforce(Posted 2005) [#2]
Check www.leadwerks.com i think i saw something in forums about the lighting.

/Alienforce

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#3]
It should be able to save lightmaps of any size, even if your graphics card doesn't support that size.

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#4]
Here's what I am working on: