3D World Studio available for purchase!

Community Forums/Developer Stations/3D World Studio available for purchase!

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#1]
3D World Studio is available for purchase! This is the sequel to the program Cartography Shop.

You can download a demo and order the full version here:
www.leadwerks.com

Shambler(Posted 2005) [#2]
Sold! or at least it would have been if PayPal had not crashed at the last hurdle, will try again later -.-

[Edit] Done!

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#3]
Halo, i have a question. This looks like an excellent program, just what i'm after. But after about 5 mins of usage, it runs realllly slow. Any suggestions? The 3d perspective view is fine, just dragging and positioning mesh and scaling them.

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#4]
Ok, it seems to be ok after a driver update. I've found a bug i think. Creating a staircase, then rotating it, causes the staircase to change shape. It doesn't actually rotate it. And i've found the tooltips are always display the prevoius icon you left the mouse above.

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#5]
Another odd problem on the demo version. If i create a vent stack then all is fine. BUT, if i create the staircase, then go back and try to create a vent stack, it will create a ceiling, instead of a ventstack.

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#6]
My guess is you are using a ton of textures, and filling up memory from browsing them all. Try turning on texture compression.

Please post any problems on the Leadwerks forum.

I will be releasing updates frequently, if any problem is found.

Scott Shaver(Posted 2005) [#7]
um, how do you uninstall this? It doesn't show up under add/remove programs.

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#8]
I think in another thread Josh says simply delete the folder.

IPete2.

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#9]
I will go on your forums. As regards to using too many textures, i just used it from the demo state. Didn't load any textures. And the staircase bug doesn't appear to be related to that.

Sarge(Posted 2005) [#10]
Im Going to buy this on monday, anyway i wanted to ask if you are ever going to add a bending tool for say pipes ect. Other than that this program is worth buying and i am very happy with the speed of it now.

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#11]
Pipes should actually be designed as a mesh, because brush-based pipes will have very sharp corners.

N(Posted 2005) [#12]
Bought it, just waiting for halo to check the transactions.

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#13]
I don't think I go an order from you. You might want to check that.

N(Posted 2005) [#14]
No, I just got the key. Wasn't purchased under my name since I lack a credit card.

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#15]
RossC, I dfound your problem:

If you are experiencing a strange delay in rendering, go to Tools>Options and select the "Video" tab. Uncheck the "sync every frame" checkbox, and the delay will disappear.