3D Plants and Trees Lab

Community Forums/Developer Stations/3D Plants and Trees Lab

SabataRH(Posted 2005) [#1]

3D Plants & Trees Lab - It's back! for a limited time we are offering this special promotional offer which includes TreemagikG3, Plantlife, Plantlife Booster Kit, Clover Module, Saga Module, Heather Module, Asparagus Module and the Sunflower Module all in one distribution package! Never before have we offered such a bundle and never before have we offered a bundle at such a discount..

http://www.aliencodec.com/special_offers/

Amon_old(Posted 2005) [#2]
Great Bundle pack. I purchased yesterday. Love TreeMagikG3.

WendellM(Posted 2005) [#3]
I remember a thread from about a month back: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=49348

7/21 Becky Rose: "repeated attempts to contact Ronnie Smith of Alien Codec via his website contact feature have since then resulted in no reply. To anyone here who owns an Alien Codec product I strongly advise you to ensure you have a backup copy of anything you've purchased, as it appears that product support is not given."

7/21 Opcode: "Sent the original e-mail(s) when i bought TreeMagik + Plant-Life though have had no response."

7/23 SideBurn: "im having the same problems atm, bought treemajic g2 and plantlife and i need them and to upgrade to g3, ive emailed but no reply let."

7/23 Opcode: " Iv'e had a reply back this morning, saying my account has been re-instated. No explanation why it was closed though."

7/27 Becky Rose: "3 Days later and no response to my PM or forum message and nothing in my email inbox."

Any comments on what happened here, Alienhead?

RifRaf(Posted 2005) [#4]
yikes. run for the hills.. not for the trees :)

Falelorn(Posted 2005) [#5]
I am still waiting after my emails/PMs and Thread posts. Its been since their site was changed to the current one.

I know its a lost cause so went else where.

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#6]
It;s nice of him to resend your info to you, but it's not his responsibility to run a backing-up service. I asked him once to resend me a program, and I was very apologetic about it, and didn't expect am immediate response.

RifRaf(Posted 2005) [#7]
i don think its a a question of responsibility, IF you want to be known for good customer service then you just do it. otherwise you will get feedback like that above.

people who spend money want good cs, nobody can do anything for not get replacement software, but the result of having that attitude as a seller will be to the sellers disadvantage in the long run.

Falelorn(Posted 2005) [#8]
if you do digital distribution, you would be a fool not to expect peoples copies and their back ups to be gone.

Mine happened when we had a pipeburst and ruined computers and back up media.

Plus immediate response, i would have to check but I remember the pipeburst in may of 04...

Doggie(Posted 2005) [#9]
Yep, same here. My computer fried itself and even tho it's my own fault I hadn't backed up the program and reg info my request for a replacement was met with. "Oh well, too bad."

EVERY other Blitz developed product I own was cheerfully replaced or reg info resent. There's a lesson here somehow.