3dmax lightmap problem

Community Forums/Developer Stations/3dmax lightmap problem

Afke(Posted 2005) [#1]
I have 3dmax 5.0 and have problem with render to texture becouse always when I want to make light map there was the error in max script and I can't do it ,I reinstal max and same thing hepend. Help ,I nead Help.

AdrianT(Posted 2005) [#2]
use this instead:

http://www.chuggnut.com/scripts/bakersfield/bakersfield.htm

It's much easier than the bult in texture baking lightmaps, and saves a scene node list with lightmap settings making it easy to come back and redo lightmaps later on.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#3]
hmm..I use 3DSMAX in many projects and didnt face any problem...whats the error message you getting exactly? By the way, where are you now Afko? You living in Bosnia?

maximo(Posted 2005) [#4]
viduga bosanac ima jedan ovdje, nevjerovatno :)

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#5]
hey maximo, you come from Bosnia?

maximo(Posted 2005) [#6]
Yes I do ;) You seem to know afko?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#7]
no..one of my parents is from Bosnia, Sarajevo...thats all..nice to see you here guys..

maximo(Posted 2005) [#8]
Ahh cool, I'm from Banjaluka, live in Sweden now. Where are you located?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#9]
I'm in Japan right now, working for Sony in MCU programming department..after I finish my master here in Tokyo within Sony research department, I'm planning to move to Australia...there is some deals with guys whos ready to start some interesting bussines with CNC machines..what you doing? Your occupation?

maximo(Posted 2005) [#10]
I'm working for SonyEricsson, not directly but as a consult. Currently I am testing the latest phones/prototypes before they are ready for mass production. My formal education is with software engineering, but currently I am doing verifications and testing. It's nice job, well paid.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#11]
..thats good...I'm glad that boys from Bosnia doing good business overseas...very good

maximo(Posted 2005) [#12]
yeah, I hope you do good as well after finishing your master :)

Afke(Posted 2005) [#13]
Ok man I am from Sarajevo nice to see you and tanks for help!

Afke(Posted 2005) [#14]
The strange problem with script I think its erorr mesage like Unespected system exception!
Bosnian programmers nice to see I am not alone!
I am makeing a game with my wife she is animator and modeler working in maya and when we finish or if we finish we will try to go somewhere Usa or Australia becouse Ihave sister there in Sidny.

maximo(Posted 2005) [#15]
what kind of game are you making? got any screenshots? :)

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#16]
..ok afko..first of all, if you wanna export lightmap from 3DSMAX, you have to make all your level segments as a one mesh (dont use collapse), but still with hierarchy, what is important for later use of your geometry within game code..so, once selected, your mesh will apear in your object selection box...be careful with chanels you using for lightmap, since its possible to erase previous UV map slot with it..anyway, if you want specific details, be free and email me and i will provide you all details about 3DSMAX lightmaping..

Afke(Posted 2005) [#17]
thanks man!
It was the problem with 3dmax
Now I update it and no erorr any more thanks for your help

Afke(Posted 2005) [#18]
Not yet I dont have screenshot I am stil making textures models and animation thinks it will be something like cartoon game like rayman if you know.It is big project, a lot of thinks to do whith planty of enimies lot of jumping shooting itc. A lot of thinks from 2d games.