total terrain help

Community Forums/Developer Stations/total terrain help

skyfire1(Posted 2005) [#1]
i just downloaded totalterrain, it was very easy to learn how to use. the only problem that i have with total terrain is creating a convincing terrain. are there any tutorials on how to create a convincing terrain using totalterrain (or another similiar tool)? any help appreciated.

*(Posted 2005) [#2]
have a look at ted :)

skyfire1(Posted 2005) [#3]
i looked at the website and it had a tutorial that looks pretty cool.

skyfire1(Posted 2005) [#4]
ted costs $25 and that's all the money i have. :(

skyfire1(Posted 2005) [#5]
is there any tool that works like ted but is free?

Wayne(Posted 2005) [#6]
I've not seen a better tool for the price than T.ED.

T.ED is outstanding, allows you to import height maps and makes makes great looking terrains, it's meshes work fine with ODE, and it continues to improve.

skyfire1(Posted 2005) [#7]
so T.ED is really worth the money?

Wayne(Posted 2005) [#8]
T.ED has a lot of features for a great price. If you can use the b3d terrain meshes, T.ED will help you create some great looking terrains. Take a look at the features, try the demo, ask questions.

T.ED is comparable to the competition for half the price. The upcoming release looks to have a whole suite of additional goodies.

Anytime you can get some quality tools from Blitz authors for Blitz3d everyone wins. Products like ALE, Cartography Shop, Swift Terrain System, Total Terrain, T.ED, and others are all exceptional products for money.

I'd like a license that allows a custom version of T.ED for bundling with my game creation, or possibly a source code license allowing me to customize it for my development need, or for bundling.

T.ED Support has been awesome.

I'm excited, T.ED, JV/ODE, and others have really helped me. In my case it's worth the money.

8)