Character Shop - new low price

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Character Shop - new low price

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#1]
3D Characters Animation Made Easy
Character animation is arguably the hardest step in development for most games. It's very common to see demos with beautiful but strangely unpopulated environments, or with only a few stiff animations. How can indy developers be expected to create these? Animation tools are expensive, hard to use, and take many hours to get quality results. That was until Character Shop.

http://www.leadwerks.com/

Fully Animate your Models
Character Shop is the solution to this long-standing difficulty. The program contains 80+ professionally produced animations that can be applied to any humanoid mesh scaled to the fit the skeleton. This means you don't have to do any of the animation work yourself - it has already been done for you by professionals. You simply rig the skeleton to your models and save the end results. The vertex weighing process is straightforward, with powerful selection tools to reach every nook and crevice. Use the auto-attachment feature, then view the mesh deformation in real time and make final adjustments to the vertices.

Natural Fluid Animations
Even inexperienced users can produce fluent, natural animated models in minutes. Professional animators will find this tool helpful for quickly processing many character meshes on a single set of standard animations. Stop using placeholders or waiting for an artist to help, and make your own fully animated character.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#2]
hey... i like the new look of the site... you've been submerged in coding the new app, and it appears as if you've reinvented yourself to premiere the latest version...

i like the way that all the apps now seem to compliment each other...

question... will the cd include the textures and geometry previously available on that network thingee you had running? (this is what the ad hype implies)

good luck with the new stuff

--Mike

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#3]
Yes, you are correct.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#4]
hey Josh... i went to buy CShop last night... at the 'new low price' of 29.95 which was posted up here recently...

... and the buy button wisked me over to a Paypal pay page that listed the price at $49.95...

is the new low price still available... and what about shareit or something besides PayPal, that takes credit cards...

thx

--Mike

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#5]
No one bought it at the lower price, so I figured it doesn't matter what it costs, people who don't need it will complain that is costs too much, and people who do need it will buy it.

Sorry, the window of opportunity has closed.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#6]
k.. no problemo...

not really the best way to market stuff though... new lower price, should mean new lower price...

... limited time offer, should mean limited time offer.

they are two different things, and your add didn't mention anything about this being a limited time offer, or a window of opportunity... it said NEW LOW PRICE...

but hey... that's ok... you gotta do what you gotta do... i already licensed CharacterFX, my second choice... not because of the price difference, but because of what i see as a back and forth, inconsistency in your marketing lately...

price is a factor, of course... but reliable, consistant, consumer oriented marketing and support overrides price to a certain degree...

one word of advice...

this sort of inconsistency cast doubts on any future purchase of software licenses from Leadwerks... you'd be smart to be aware that that 'window of opportunity' you mentioned, swings both ways...

people are watching... not just any people, but prospective licensees... hop around on a whim about things like price, and your window of opportunity is gonna close just as quickly...

--Mike

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#7]
LOL @ characterFX and "reliable, consistant, consumer oriented marketing and support".

I have CharacterFX but recently swithched to Fragmotion cos of the formers stalled development.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#8]
well... it was for a while when they started doin' business... :)

and the price of a license hasn't fluctuated much in the past how many years... :)

seriously though, thx for the input Beak... i will take look at Fragmotion asap...

--Mike

JoeRetro(Posted 2005) [#9]
PaceMaker (checkout toolbox) is another option for animation and based on the video's it looks very promising.

@halo: Mike gave you the BEST advice I've read here on this site in some time. You should read it several times. He is DEAD-ON!

Doggie(Posted 2005) [#10]
.sorry for squirrely remarks.

Ricky Smith(Posted 2005) [#11]
PaceMaker is available from the 21st of this month. It offers a real alternative to both CharacterFX and Fragmotion.

The IK tool in PaceMaker is far superior to both. I have never been able to use the IK in CharacterFX as it was so badly implemented. The IK tool in Fragmotion is marginally better but still behaves more like a cardboard cutout with paper-fasteners for joints.
The user interface in Fragmotion is the most unintuitive that I have evercome across in any application.

Thatīs my very biased opinion :)

DH(Posted 2005) [#12]
Bandwidth limit exceeded!!! :-(

JoshK(Posted 2005) [#13]
Yeah, we transferred more than 6 gigs already...upgrading my vapournet account now...