milkshape?

Community Forums/Developer Stations/milkshape?

Gord(Posted 2005) [#1]
Has anyone atually modelled anything in Milkshape? I bought it the other day and find it a bit of a disorganised mess.

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#2]
It has a few strange but workable features but its great for simply animating stuff and exporting to ...well just about anything.

Check out Psionics web site for loads of ace tutorials on Milkshape/Blitz and texturing!

There is a link on the links page.

IPete2.

Matty(Posted 2005) [#3]
Gord - in all my many unfinished games the models were made in milkshape3d (apart from a few character models which I used creature creator for). If you want to have a look at any of them (and they look pretty ordinary really) then download any of my old stuff from here:

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~gezeder/lloyd/

ashmantle(Posted 2005) [#4]
It takes some time to get used to, but when you know it, it has quite a nice workflow for low-poly meshes.

Gord(Posted 2005) [#5]
Thanks for the advice. After a few days I can see that Milkshape has its uses. I just thought that it was a bit slovenly to stuff all the extras into the Tools menu.I dont know what language was used but I do know that in most versions of c++( or Delphi menu creation is straight forward.