From Gi;e[s] to Max ( after Lightmapping )

Community Forums/Developer Stations/From Gi;e[s] to Max ( after Lightmapping )

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#1]
It rings a bell that Fredborg posted something a few months back about Gile[s] being updated or having a plugin or something which enabled people to take their lightmapped Gile[s] models back into Max. Would anyone happen to remember what it was or how you did it? I'm trying to get a b3d scene into another engine and it doesn't seem to like the .x export that Gile[s] does. Most of it is intact but a few models are ignored as containing invalid mesh data. I'm pretty sure the pandasoft .x exporter will work ok if I can get it back into Max, but I don't want to lose my lovely lightmaps.

EDIT: Bah @ Title Typo

Big&(Posted 2005) [#2]
Export the scene from gile[s] as an ASC and then import it back into Max.

On the gile[s] site under extras there is a ASC importer for Max.

Hope this helps.

AdrianT(Posted 2005) [#3]
nah, theres a max script that loads giles native .GLS file format if I recall correctly.

AdrianT(Posted 2005) [#4]
thought I'd better delete the images above, not fair to stick that on here.

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#5]
Export the scene from gile[s] as an ASC and then import it back into Max.

On the gile[s] site under extras there is a ASC importer for Max.

Do you mean ASE? I have that plugin, but it says it doesn't support vertex colors, so I will lose a chunk of my lighting solution if I use that.

nah, theres a max script that loads giles native .GLS file format if I recall correctly.

Sounds perfect. Any idea where I might find it? I've googled a bit and found nothing so far.

fredborg(Posted 2005) [#6]
Hi,

Look here: http://www.frecle.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=216

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#7]
Aha, thanks Fredborg. I never even noticed you had a forum. That looks like just what I need.