LightRay3D v1.3.6

Community Forums/Developer Stations/LightRay3D v1.3.6

Qcat(Posted 2005) [#1]
There has been a new version of lightray3d released. witch includes a fantastic Biped animation system. It is definitely worth checking out

http://www.sxcreations.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1141

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
Indeed sounds good but how much does it cost?

EDIT - ok I see a single license costs 68 Euro. What are the limitations of the downloadable version?

I just see: import biovision BVH/BVA, export B3D... yummy...

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#3]
Anyone had a decent play with it yet? How does it compare to FragMotion (my current favourite), CharacterFX, Milkshape etc?

Qcat(Posted 2005) [#4]
I have tried it out and registered,
I also like FragMotion (thanks beaker) but lighrays biped system has saved me a lot off time on a model I have been working on, it has a very nice bilt in run and work sequence, also you can import BVH file, my work flow is Wing3d>Unwrap 3D>light ray 3d witch seems to work well I have yet to try Lightray’s uv mapping so I will try that out when I have a min.

The demo seems to be fully funchanal other than the fact you can not export yore models, there may be a limit on the render has well

JoeRetro(Posted 2005) [#5]
Curious to know if anyone else can shed some light on using both of these products (LightRay3D/FragMotion). Pros and cons?

Moraldi(Posted 2005) [#6]
I recently register the LightRay3D and it looks more professional than FragMotion. From the first use of FragMotion i had the feeling that the programmer (s) spended much more time to make a flexible user interface rather to implement functionality.