Treemagik G3

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Treemagik G3

SabataRH(Posted 2005) [#1]

After 8 months of development and tons of input we have completed and released TreemagikG3.

Low poly - high quality 3D tree creation has never been easier! TreemagikG3 introduces new breakthroughs in the tree creation industry! With TreemagikG3 you'll be able to create some of the most beautiful 3d Trees we've ever seen.. And all within seconds.

Based on four years of 3D tree mesh creation tools, TreemagikG3 boasts a feature list unlike any other. Design and shape tree trunks down to the very vertice, import branches and limbs into your creation then cover the joints in leaves! It's that simple. TreemagikG3 also allows the designer to import and mold root system on the base of their tree creations.

Read all about it here !
http://www.aliencodec.com/products/treemagik/index.php

skidracer(Posted 2005) [#2]
Can you check your LOGO_tmg3.bmp image, FireFox is rejecting it as containing bad data.

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#3]
Same here.
Looks and sounds nicely done though, as always :)

N(Posted 2005) [#4]
A good question is "Why are you using a BMP on a website, y' nutter?". :P

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#5]

There you go, a nice PNG.

DH(Posted 2005) [#6]
hmmm, sorry to say I wasn't too impressed... :-(

A. The trunk textures on the examples stretch and have artifacts (on both pcs i tried it on).

B. The preview pane with the "demo" tiling accross is a bit annoying ('bit' was a conservative word).

C. The 'LOD' of the trees wasn't displayed in the preview.

D. only 3 examples?

E. more expensive than G2 and no one has released anything using it that I can find (no big deal, just curious if anyone has used this efficiently in an actual game yet).

I hate to be a doubting thomas, but what are the 'breakthroughs' you speak of? Is there a comparrison list of features comparring the other tree programs, including your own (the others you have)?

Just some points to consider. Although you seem like a good person/programmer, so don't take these as personal attacks :-)

A3DArtist(Posted 2015) [#7]
Im in need of some help and was wondering if some one could give me some help with textures in TreeMagik G3. Everytime i create a new leaf texture (.PNG) for the paintbrush in side of TreeMagik G3 I get a greenish transparency or colorish background on some of my own leaf textures. I am creating my own leaf textures using a camera and Photoshop cs4. But they wont work sometimes in TM G3. I am looking for someone to explain to me what software was used to create the leaf texture that went into the brushes folder in TM G3. Thank you!

A3DArtist(Posted 2015) [#8]
I would also like to know if I can import my own .b3d files for limbs to make more variety of limbs and trunks etc, in TM G3.

A3DArtist(Posted 2015) [#9]
I figured it out!