Maplet: wierd shading

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Maplet: wierd shading

Turkwoyz(Posted 2005) [#1]
is there anyway I can fix the wierd shading that maplet maps have (this is not the lightmap but the mesh). The normals of the outputted meshs seem to be out causing some anoying shading.

e.g.

the polys are outlined

thanks

|edit| ok the problem is now sorted, I now use the map level at fullbright with a lightmap to stop vertex lighting for the map. That hides the ugly shading |edit|

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#2]
Hey that's like a useful effect it's causing there - it usually would take multi-pass rendering to do that... Lol, I wish I knew how it made that error.

Turkwoyz(Posted 2005) [#3]
I've made the polys outlined, the shading is the problem, sorry if I made that unclear

to show the polys I use the following after the UpdateWorld command
Select wire
	Case 0
	        RenderWorld
	Case 1
		CameraClsMode camera,1,1
		If map Then EntityColor map,255,255,255
		WireFrame 0
		RenderWorld
		CameraClsMode camera,0,0
		If map Then EntityColor map,255,0,0
		WireFrame 1
		RenderWorld
	Case 2
		CameraClsMode camera,1,1
		WireFrame 0
		RenderWorld
		CameraClsMode camera,0,1
		If map Then EntityColor map,255,0,0
		WireFrame 1
		RenderWorld
	Case 3
		CameraClsMode camera,1,1
		WireFrame 1
		RenderWorld
		wire=0
End Select
WireFrame 0

Duckstab[o](Posted 2005) [#4]
from my persective they seem to be okay the problem with verts that are connected to several triangles is there is no way to control the normals needed unless you dupe the vert and redraw the triangles this means a lot more verts and work

Turkwoyz(Posted 2005) [#5]
ok, so if I can't easily fix the problem, how can I hide it?

|edit| ok the problem is now sorted, I now use the map level at fullbright with a lightmap to stop vertex lighting for the map |edit|

DJWoodgate(Posted 2005) [#6]
Apply the lightmap?

Turkwoyz(Posted 2005) [#7]
it was being shown through the lightmap, I've now put the map to fullbright to stop vertex lighting and it's good now