Morphman 4.0 - The best morphing program. Period.

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Morphman 4.0 - The best morphing program. Period.

Russell(Posted 2005) [#1]
..and they've got a competitive upgrade going on for less than $50 US for a limited time.

I've tried most of the morphing programs out there, and this one takes the cake for overall features and ease of use.

It is one of the few that can do VIDEO to VIDEO morphing (rather than just still image animations). It also comes with a very capable video editor - VideoMan 3.0

There is a demo available to try at: http://www.stoik.com/Morphman/

Lots of tutorials, too.

Have fun!

Russell

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
sounds good. I still got the old stoik morph app that was freeware once upon a time. Works perfectly, tho only still to still frame. Good to see the author is still working on it.

I rarely use Morphing, and if I really got to morph something in a movie, I'd use some fake-animation after morphing (like zooming in etc.)

Russell(Posted 2005) [#3]
Setting up a proper morph can take a LOOOONG time with any morpher, but MM helps with a 'propagate' feature that does a surprisingly good job of estimating where the next point should be placed. Once you've set everything up (the points), then you can control, by layers, what gets morphed, when, how much and also control the fade speed: This is probably the coolest feature of the program. You can also limit where the morphing happens, to help eliminate 'tearing' of the background, etc.

It's a blast to work with. If you are just interested in still-to-still morphing, there are a number of free ones out there that do a pretty good job. For professional results, or if you need to do movie-to-movie morphing, though, your choices are much more limited. WinImages:Morph does video to video morphing also, but it is a pain in the ass to set it up (they can learn a thing or two from Stoik's approach to the problem.)

Their support team responds quickly to questions, also.

Russell