max to animation film strip

Community Forums/Developer Stations/max to animation film strip

gingerprince(Posted 2005) [#1]
Using max 6

Is it possible to render frames of animation in a Bmp film strip style?

I`m using rendered images for a 2D project

cheers

gp

ICECAP(Posted 2005) [#2]
I had this a while back, nope there is no way of doing it in max.
You have to render out seperate pics and join them in a paint program.
However, i made a program to take a load of bmp or jpg files and smack em next to each other and save the result as a bmp.
That is at home tho, so i will try and hunt it out once i get back from work.

klepto2(Posted 2005) [#3]
I think the easiest way is to render each frame saperatly.
AFAIK you can save them autmatic by 3dsmax (eg.: frame0001.bmp) and then set them together with a paint program, like psp or something else.

Pongo(Posted 2005) [#4]
yes,... this is no problem.

I have a script to do this,... I don't have it on me at the moment(at work) but I will post the script here later tonight.

The script allows you to either render directly to a strip (rows and columns customizable) or take a folder of images and make them into a single image.

Pongo(Posted 2005) [#5]
sorry, forgot about this. I haven't used my script in a while, so I don't have it handy but you can get one here that does the same thing. (mine was a modification of this one anyways)

http://www.chuggnut.com/

go to the scripts section,... scroll down quite a ways,... look for the script "tile render"

Bob3d(Posted 2005) [#6]
cinfa made an absolutely wonderful tool there at Blitzcoder...

avi4bmp or something like that...sorry, don't have the direct link to the thread...

It's an standalone wonder (no install!) that will grab ur avi, and if u remember the res you rendered, that's it.

Yet though, no tool of this type, in an standard pc, would allow you put a hollywood film into BMP strip, hehehee...

Imho is one of the more useful free tools made lately, and I mean not only in Blitz world...Or at least, to me.

Cinfa and the other guy, which mainly made the code, I think, can't remember the name.

They were very kind to share it freely.

Bob3d(Posted 2005) [#7]
oh, yeah

here it is

http://www.bottomap.com/

dig for the project avi4bmp

trust me: it does worth it.

it support animated gif and a lot of stuff extra to the main feature...

gingerprince(Posted 2005) [#8]
Yep I`ve tried it - excellent piece of kit!